TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Pete

thegeek wrote: Mon 28 Sep, 2020 13.45 I'm confused. What's happening at the end of the day, and which day?
It's the end of Wednesday, and it's a cliffhanger
8.00 Continuity Street
Soap set in the suburbs of the Leeds continuity department. Today we find out if Neil will get his hands on Bob's Cinema empire. Meanwhile the person who tried to shoot Kerrie is revealed. Finally, in a cataclysmic ending, Maggie accidentally switches her announcement to a Boeing 747 rather than GMG North, instructing the pilot to land 'In the Heart of Your Region'. As the plane descends over the centre of Leeds, can the veteran announcer send an apology caption before its too late?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
dosxuk

thegeek wrote: Mon 28 Sep, 2020 13.45 I'm confused. What's happening at the end of the day, and which day?
Coronavirus, just after 10pm, and everyday. Especially if you're in the pub (unless that pub is in the parliamentary estate, in which case you're corona-proof).
thegeek

I miss pubs. Remember pubs?
JoshX

Do pubs even exist anymore or did they all disappear circa March?
Alexia

JoshX wrote: Mon 28 Sep, 2020 20.26 Do pubs even exist anymore or did they all disappear circa March?
Pubs exist, despite the governments' best efforts.
Philip

Is it just me, or does the guy in Cold Open's profile picture, look rather similar to the guy who was in Austin Tatious/Alex Plain-Later/Lou Scannon's profile picture?
bilky asko

Philip wrote: Tue 29 Sep, 2020 11.05 Is it just me, or does the guy in Cold Open's profile picture, look rather similar to the guy who was in Austin Tatious/Alex Plain-Later/Lou Scannon's profile picture?
Maybe a lot of members on TVF have a certain look about them?
tightrope78

The GB News thread in the Newsroom is very depressing reading.
tightrope78

tightrope78 wrote: Thu 01 Oct, 2020 00.40 The GB News thread in the Newsroom is very depressing reading.
As are Brekkie's contributions to the 'I'm a Celebrity.....' thread.
Jonwo

tightrope78 wrote: Thu 01 Oct, 2020 13.51 As are Brekkie's contributions to the 'I'm a Celebrity.....' thread.
Brekkie's being negative for the sake of being negative.
dosxuk

Beep wrote: Tue 22 Sep, 2020 01.07
dosxuk wrote: Sun 20 Sep, 2020 23.45 See also the "how do I use After Effects threads in the gallery. While Bail's thread started out quite promising with project files and talk about how to make particular effects, it's now turned into "how do I export a video", "how do I add a picture" and "how can I make this entire title sequence". I sometimes think the ability to learn things by ourselves has been lost now we have 24/7 access to ask other people.
It's annoying because that particular member has been hassling me by PM for months asking me to basically create a template of the current English Regions titles (see the contribution to the AE Help thread) for him to change the text and insert his own pictures to.

I get he wants to learn but that's not how you go about it; we're all as helpful as we can be but it's the expectation that you will just do and provide everything for them without realising a) these things take time, it's not a simple thing to execute, b) we have other things outside of TVF to occupy our time and c) it's not in the spirit of the mock designs area to basically make other people do all the work for you!
He's back again asking for a step-by-step guide to recreate the breakfast titles that are simple enough for a beginner to follow.