TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Jason

J.Lyric is back with more Sky mocks. Is he just doing this to show off that he has the font?
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Beep

Bail wrote: Wed 23 Sep, 2020 16.27He was PM'ing me on an daily basis for much the same thing. I've since disabled his ability to send PMs
That would explain why it stopped one day!

I don't object to people PMing me, but some people take it too far!
Nezzac1

He's asking now on TVF why his PM ability has been blocked.
Jason

If this is who i think we're talking about, he's promising to "blow our minds" with his next mock.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Beep

Jason wrote: Thu 24 Sep, 2020 21.53 If this is who i think we're talking about, he's promising to "blow our minds" with his next mock.
I think we perhaps are being a bit too harsh on him (or at least maybe I am?) - if he can deliver on this promise then fantastic; I think we should be fairly critical though and if he's showing development in his design work and AfterEffects skill then that's a good thing.

From what I can gather he is young (under 18, maybe even under 16) and he just needs to know he isn't the next Martin Lambie-Nairn (or even Martin Anderson!)
ethanh05

I've only been a member of TVF for just over three years now, and yet I'm starting to feel like an old man already.

Genuinely, the amount of people who have joined since and have just dragged the general quality of the site down is ludicrous. I know we've all got to start somewhere (and obviously everyone has an incredibly stupid moment at some point) but good Christ, most of the stuff they're guilty of is just a lack of common sense. And we all know who I'm on about, whether they be badgering people for mocking advice instead of doing it themselves, appointing themselves as bearer of 24/7 Covid news, or reverting to constant BBC bashing, all of them seemingly never having a break from the forum.

The Gallery is being run by about four people, all of whom add next to nothing and will criticise you for saying anything at all negative (I've heard, I'm not going in there obviously), The Newsroom is a complete and utter mess and, to be honest, I'm not sure what purpose it even provides anymore apart from feverish anticipation about who will cover what meaningless bulletin. The other sections (Requests, Websites, Media & Tech, all that jazz) are usually pretty good, but unfortunately they don't attract as many people as the other two.

And of course, you have the banning/muting issues, which has been around since the Stone Age of TVF but seems at a particular low ebb nowadays. Seemingly, people are getting muted left, right and centre for doing nothing, whilst the same old usual offenders can get away peddling their nonsense without repercussions. and the people trying to actually call them out get punished. I doubt the mods are making these decisions deliberately, but that's what it seems like.

Maybe, as someone said earlier, TVF is reflecting how awful society is today. Just constant arguments, people trying to shout louder than others in hope that maybe someone will hear them, and everyone basically jostling for attention even if they post absolute drivel. I'm not going to leave anytime soon or anything, but it can't keep carrying on like this. And if we go back into lockdown again, and the half-term lasts for another long amount of time, well we all know what will happen. You know things are bad when another set of community guidelines has to be posted.
Jason

Beep wrote: Thu 24 Sep, 2020 22.24
Jason wrote: Thu 24 Sep, 2020 21.53 If this is who i think we're talking about, he's promising to "blow our minds" with his next mock.
I think we perhaps are being a bit too harsh on him (or at least maybe I am?) - if he can deliver on this promise then fantastic; I think we should be fairly critical though and if he's showing development in his design work and AfterEffects skill then that's a good thing.

From what I can gather he is young (under 18, maybe even under 16) and he just needs to know he isn't the next Martin Lambie-Nairn (or even Martin Anderson!)
I suppose there's no harm in asking questions but the way he's gone about it is wrong if he's PMing you and Bail every day. He could have saved time and searched YouTube for the stuff he's stuck on. There's tons of AfterEffects how to videos on there.

I do a lot of re-creations and designs myself and i spend a lot of time on them but i don't think they're for public eyes. I once re-created an almost accurate 3D model of the Big Breakfast house from watching hours of tapes i recorded back in the day and lots of clips on YouTube. That was the only thing i shared in the gallery which had positive feedback.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
rob

Beep wrote: Thu 24 Sep, 2020 05.47
Bail wrote: Wed 23 Sep, 2020 16.27He was PM'ing me on an daily basis for much the same thing. I've since disabled his ability to send PMs
That would explain why it stopped one day!

I don't object to people PMing me, but some people take it too far!
He PMd me a few weeks back asking me what I think a relaunch of ITV News would look like. Never responded to it.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
dosxuk

Nezzac1 wrote: Fri 25 Sep, 2020 14.16It has degenerated into a slanging and slagging contest where thoughtful and rational contributions are either being totally ignored or targeted by a bunch of twats. TVF has fallen victim to cancel culture.
Are you sure you haven't ended up on DS by accident rather than TVF?

Unless it's the threads I choose to go in, but I've not seen any evidence of cancel culture or rational contributions being ignored.
Pete

So I've got rid of the past couple of days posts.

I have no issue with people taking the piss out of TVF or its members but honestly get a grip its a bloody message board.

Also I don't know Asa personally but its his website that he pays for so although the moderation methods may differ between here and there at the end of the day its up to him. There's a line and as far as I am concerned it was crossed in some of these posts.

Anyhow that's all I'm saying on the matter. Any melodramatic "oh I'm sorry" replies will also go in the bin bc I've said what I said and it was very boring the first time round so we don't need to go over it again.

Ta
"He has to be larger than bacon"
thegeek

I'm confused. What's happening at the end of the day, and which day?