TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Newsroom2018

Crikey! I'm beginning to think I ought to thank Asa for giving me a lifetime ban from the Newsroom.

It has turned into a total circus. 'The Newsroom' got way out of hand this year. Whether it's due to lockdown keyboard warriors of an influx of people with no respect for rules and regs. I think I may have mentioned I've been on there for almost 20 years and never warned, not once. Along comes 2020 and multiple warnings, a couple of bans and now the lifetime achievement ban.
Beep

dosxuk wrote: Sun 20 Sep, 2020 23.45 See also the "how do I use After Effects threads in the gallery. While Bail's thread started out quite promising with project files and talk about how to make particular effects, it's now turned into "how do I export a video", "how do I add a picture" and "how can I make this entire title sequence". I sometimes think the ability to learn things by ourselves has been lost now we have 24/7 access to ask other people.
It's annoying because that particular member has been hassling me by PM for months asking me to basically create a template of the current English Regions titles (see the contribution to the AE Help thread) for him to change the text and insert his own pictures to.

I get he wants to learn but that's not how you go about it; we're all as helpful as we can be but it's the expectation that you will just do and provide everything for them without realising a) these things take time, it's not a simple thing to execute, b) we have other things outside of TVF to occupy our time and c) it's not in the spirit of the mock designs area to basically make other people do all the work for you!
tightrope78

Newsroom2018 wrote: Mon 21 Sep, 2020 16.48 Crikey! I'm beginning to think I ought to thank Asa for giving me a lifetime ban from the Newsroom.

It has turned into a total circus. 'The Newsroom' got way out of hand this year. Whether it's due to lockdown keyboard warriors of an influx of people with no respect for rules and regs. I think I may have mentioned I've been on there for almost 20 years and never warned, not once. Along comes 2020 and multiple warnings, a couple of bans and now the lifetime achievement ban.
By asking for tighter moderation we have probably made a rod for our own backs now. Every post will be scrutinised and people made examples of.

It bothers me that it will saying ‘Recently Warned’ beside my name for weeks whilst those who are banned can come back within a week with no mark visually against their name. JKDerry’s profile doesn’t indicate a banning so I’ve no idea if he was banned or just politely asked not to post for a week.
Martin Phillp

Although I have the recently warned icon next to my name, Asa mentioned that it hasn't been recorded, so I'm not particularly upset about it.
TVF's London Lite.
punkTW8

Hi,

I am wondering if you can point me to the location of the forum thread where Beep uploaded a handful of Thames TV jingles on the 15th of September? I never heard the full version of the last Thames TV theme before and really enjoyed listening it. Also listening to the end theme of the news was good. Shame the opening theme wasn't there but hey. Listening is one thing, but it would be great to read the forum in context too. I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place. I'm too new to PM Beep else I would have.
Many thanks.
rob

punkTW8 wrote: Tue 22 Sep, 2020 23.55 Hi,

I am wondering if you can point me to the location of the forum thread where Beep uploaded a handful of Thames TV jingles on the 15th of September? I never heard the full version of the last Thames TV theme before and really enjoyed listening it. Also listening to the end theme of the news was good. Shame the opening theme wasn't there but hey. Listening is one thing, but it would be great to read the forum in context too. I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place. I'm too new to PM Beep else I would have.
Many thanks.
https://tvforum.uk/requests/song-used-t ... tage-45925
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
punkTW8

That's really great! I have looked through this and TVForum and slowly come to the conclusion I'd have never found the thread on my own. Thanks Rob.
Beep

punkTW8 wrote: Wed 23 Sep, 2020 13.16 That's really great! I have looked through this and TVForum and slowly come to the conclusion I'd have never found the thread on my own. Thanks Rob.
I've not deleted them, they're on my upload list I think

TN Opener: https://up.metropol247.co.uk/Beep/08%20Track%2008.mp3
TN Opener 2: https://up.metropol247.co.uk/Beep/09%20Track%2009.mp3
punkTW8

Beep:
Thanks for uploading the Thames news opening titles. Fantastic to hear a clean version of that. I remember thinking at the time that the starting rif from that version of Thames news would have been gone well with a station end slide to rival Central. Until you uploaded the full Thames theme I hadn't worked out the two themes were connected. They start with the same three notes and I only just noticed.

As soon as is was announced Thames had lost the franchise Thames dumped the generic ITV big ben ballet dancer logo in favour of their own. Good move in my opinion as previous to that, they only used their own logo for regional programs and the news? I'm a bit vague about the Thames 21 logo. I'm pretty sure they used the same new musical arrangement of the original jingle but the without the XXI for a while?

Thanks again!
Bail

Beep wrote: Tue 22 Sep, 2020 01.07
dosxuk wrote: Sun 20 Sep, 2020 23.45 See also the "how do I use After Effects threads in the gallery. While Bail's thread started out quite promising with project files and talk about how to make particular effects, it's now turned into "how do I export a video", "how do I add a picture" and "how can I make this entire title sequence". I sometimes think the ability to learn things by ourselves has been lost now we have 24/7 access to ask other people.
It's annoying because that particular member has been hassling me by PM for months asking me to basically create a template of the current English Regions titles (see the contribution to the AE Help thread) for him to change the text and insert his own pictures to.

I get he wants to learn but that's not how you go about it; we're all as helpful as we can be but it's the expectation that you will just do and provide everything for them without realising a) these things take time, it's not a simple thing to execute, b) we have other things outside of TVF to occupy our time and c) it's not in the spirit of the mock designs area to basically make other people do all the work for you!
He was PM'ing me on an daily basis for much the same thing. I've since disabled his ability to send PMs
Nezzac1

Yes he is annoying. I like others told him that your template while being a good foundation wasn't the be all and end all of a mock.[*]

I have a feeling that we'll be hearing from him again, Let us tread carefully

(*I'm Ne1L C)

On a more general note I have to admit to being ticked off with the way in which TVF is being run recently. It seems that many posters of long standing have been scared away either by the awkward squad of sarky, ill mannered and downright bloody rude posters and I have to say the mods slapping warnings down on people (myself included) for seemingly no good reason.

In the past year and a bit I have been accused of being a "stirrer", "ignorant" and even a racist. All of which are not only untrue but a load of bull dust.

Now for people like myself who have mental health issues (in my case Aspergers[*][*]) that can be incredibly distressing.

Our world has changed in ways we can't even begin to imagine and we are all trying to come to terms with it and many of us are turning to forums to try and find some kind of affinity and support.

I know that TVF is first and foremost a presentation forum but television is reflecting our society and our world and right now its pretty bad.

Now I'm not going to go over old ground except to say that I have to my interpretation tried to keep my post within the bounds of tv presentation. But it seems to me that my interpretation of the "broadness" is a lot wider than that laid down by the mods.

Obviously we have to keep to the rules but given current circumstances a bit of temporary loosening would help?

[*][*]Apologies to anyone who's read my posts before.