Another High Street Rebrand

Philip

I really like this brand refresh for Heinz, updating the existing packaging to make it more consistent but without losing the character of each individual product. (Still wish they would go back to 'Baked Beans' instead of 'Beanz' though…)

Martin Phillp

The Spaghetti Hoops range are now just Hoops now.

On some of the multipacks, the plastic wrapping has the new branding, with the cans with the old.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

I didn't know Ben Shatliff was a logo designer.

https://www.underconsideration.com/bran ... tv_set.php
all new Phil

Ahead of his time was old Shatters.
cdd

I had a bet that was going to be Carpet✓Right before I clicked on the link.
iSon

cdd wrote: Tue 23 Jun, 2020 22.00 I had a bet that was going to be Carpet✓Right before I clicked on the link.
You're wrong, cdd.
Good Lord!
Finn

iSon wrote: Wed 24 Jun, 2020 17.20 You're wrong, cdd.
The memories this brings back :D
scottishtv

Interesting drama playing out at Travelodge. As part of the CVA recently approved by landlords, Travelodge will get a significant rent reduction on properties for the forseeable. It has already refused to pay any rent for three months during lockdown. However, many of the property owners negotiated a break clause as part of the CVA deal.

According to media reports, there has been a proposal from one landlord to create "Goodnight Hotels" in partnership with Village Hotels.

A more serious proposal also seems to be in play from the well-organised 'owners action group', to create AGO Hotels - a model that would involve franchising many (even a majority) of existing properties to Accor for the Ibis brand (presumably Ibis Budget). According to the papers, landlords would get paid better rents and Accor would cover the cost of rebranding.

This might all be designed to spook Travelodge into better terms for future rents - who knows?
WillPS

Funny that. Until last year I really liked the Village brand, I felt you got a lot for your money even if the hotels lacked air con - they were n a good step up from Premier Inn for not a lot more money.

Then they took the Tassimo machines out.

Then they took the glasses out (because guests can drink out of a mug, I was informed).

Then they took the bin out, leaving only the diddy bin in the bathroom.

Actually, in some ways the offer was worse than Travelodge.
cwathen

WillPS wrote: Mon 27 Jul, 2020 20.23 Funny that. Until last year I really liked the Village brand, I felt you got a lot for your money even if the hotels lacked air con - they were n a good step up from Premier Inn for not a lot more money.

Then they took the Tassimo machines out.

Then they took the glasses out (because guests can drink out of a mug, I was informed).

Then they took the bin out, leaving only the diddy bin in the bathroom.

Actually, in some ways the offer was worse than Travelodge.
Based on your criteria, the only way the new offering is worse than Travelodge is lack of a Tassimo machine. They generally also have no aircon, but they do universally provide both glasses and a bin.

I've never really got how Premier Inn has ended up commanding such a premium price over Travelodge (typically at least £20 / night more, and in peak season in a popular area often much more than that). Granted, aircon is virtually standard now at PI whereas at TL it is rare (although how often is that honestly a problem in the UK?), and new build Premier Inns do have larger rooms than a new build Travelodge, but the bulk of sites owned by both chains have been operating for years and are virtually identical in terms of room size and layout yet the pricing differences remain.
WillPS

cwathen wrote: Tue 28 Jul, 2020 21.11 Based on your criteria, the only way the new offering is worse than Travelodge is lack of a Tassimo machine. They generally also have no aircon, but they do universally provide both glasses and a bin.
Show your working.