The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

Nick Harvey
God

cwathen wrote: I remember an obscure supermarket chain called Norman's in the 80's and 90's.
There used to be a Norman's at the top of the hill in Bideford.

The joke at the time was that local MP, Jeremy Thorpe, used to shop up Norman's.
WillPS

The one behaviour I'm finding particularly annoying is when I hang back to give somebody some space in Tesco, only for that person to then double back and come right up past me ignoring the one way system.

That said, at this stage I'm pretty certain I've had it so I'm not really worried about catching it, just trying to play by the rules.
Nick Harvey wrote: Fri 24 Apr, 2020 13.26
cwathen wrote: I remember an obscure supermarket chain called Norman's in the 80's and 90's.
There used to be a Norman's at the top of the hill in Bideford.

The joke at the time was that local MP, Jeremy Thorpe, used to shop up Norman's.
S'tn to do with Channel Islands Co-op I think?
simonipswich1

#
Jovis

simonipswich1 wrote: Sat 25 Apr, 2020 11.00 Same with the idiots who do not follow the directional arrows. I've told many that they are going the wrong way, they look, had some say that they thought that was "just for the staff". I say "really, you're that thick? You shouldn't be allowed out, and need to have a word with yourself." If they come back with some comment I just call them a "thick c**t" and walk off.
You sound nice.
gottago

Indeed. Shuddered a bit at the unpleasantness of that.
bilky asko

gottago wrote: Sat 25 Apr, 2020 19.22 Indeed. Shuddered a bit at the unpleasantness of that.
Indeed, in these difficult times I've found it quite easy to be kinder and more understanding and not call strangers cunts for a mild inconvenience.
all new Phil

simonipswich1 wrote: Sat 25 Apr, 2020 11.00 Same with the idiots who do not follow the directional arrows. I've told many that they are going the wrong way, they look, had some say that they thought that was "just for the staff". I say "really, you're that thick? You shouldn't be allowed out, and need to have a word with yourself." If they come back with some comment I just call them a "thick c**t" and walk off.
Yeah I like to exaggerate interactions I’ve had with people and play out in my head things I could have said too.
simonipswich1

#
all new Phil

Sure.
Philip

'And the whole store clapped'
Martin Phillp

There is a practical reason for ignoring the arrows in my tiny Tesco Express.

The arrows direct me to the tills where there is a group of people queuing to pay, now while I couldn't find anything to buy, I left going against the flow, where there were no people, maintaining social distancing.

Was I told off by Tesco staff or the security? No.
TVF's London Lite.