TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

thegeek

tightrope78 wrote: Sat 25 Jan, 2020 23.46
tightrope78 wrote: Sat 25 Jan, 2020 22.35 The Tony Hall thread is out of control, with certain forum members effectively bullying others who disagree with their opinion.

TV Forum is increasingly becoming an unpleasant place to visit.
Glad to see the mods have dealt with it and deleted all the off-topic posts.
I've forgotten who made the offending off-topic post which earned them a ban, despite having reported it – it was a long-standing poster who you'd think ought to have known better.
Philip

I only saw cityprod making a post after Asa's initial post, but he doesn't seem to have a cross through his username.
rob

Getting very bored of Harshy's continually negative posts. Is there anything on television he actually LIKES?
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
dosxuk

rob wrote: Sun 26 Jan, 2020 14.40 Getting very bored of Harshy's continually negative posts. Is there anything on television he actually LIKES?
I don't think he's interested in what's actually on TV, only the stuff that isn't broadcast. He's posted numerous times in reply to people with access to see various non-broadcast feeds through work that he'd love to have their job so he could sit and watch them all day. He just seems to take it as a personal affront if a broadcaster doesn't let him see things, e.g. the UHD HDR saga and him complaining that broadcasters are using fibre over satellite.
Pete

The lack of big picture thinking around the Samira Ahmed thread annoys me. Is it going to hit the budget? Yes. Who's fault is that? Well obviously Samira's for daring to actually bring, and win, a legitimate case.

It's a similar way of thinking. Let appalling working practices continue so long as it doesn't interrupt my ident logging. And it's all fine "because TV is diff-runt".
"He has to be larger than bacon"
thegeek

JetixFann450 wrote:Kobe was a pretty big NBA superstar and to see him just completely die in a horrific accident is very brutal.
There's a lot going on in this sentence.
bilky asko

Pete wrote: Sun 26 Jan, 2020 17.53 The lack of big picture thinking around the Samira Ahmed thread annoys me. Is it going to hit the budget? Yes. Who's fault is that? Well obviously Samira's for daring to actually bring, and win, a legitimate case.

It's a similar way of thinking. Let appalling working practices continue so long as it doesn't interrupt my ident logging. And it's all fine "because TV is diff-runt".
It's funny reading it back after the fact, and seeing how all of the "analysis" beforehand from various users was bollocks.
Pete

thegeek wrote: Mon 27 Jan, 2020 07.20
JetixFann450 wrote:Kobe was a pretty big NBA superstar and to see him just completely die in a horrific accident is very brutal.
There's a lot going on in this sentence.
oh that is magnificent
"He has to be larger than bacon"
tightrope78

Rich Tea truly is obnoxious!
Andrew

Every thread seems to be completely nuts at the moment

The latest being how the BBC cuts thread was dominated by posts slating a bloke wearing a hoody in the newsroom during the One
tightrope78

BM11 warned again. He ruins every single thread that he participates in. I can’t figure out if he’s a troll or just simply not self aware.

Ultimately he needs banned as he has such a corrosive effect on the site.