The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

thegeek

Slightly new look Asda fascia?

JAS84

Aldi, Tesco, and Asda all in the headlines for the wrong reasons this Christmas.

At Aldi, people bought fresh turkeys use by date December 26, but they were rancid by Christmas Eve.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-o ... ff-3679734

Same story at Tesco.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-o ... ff-3679846

While Asda sold out, sending home delivery customers drumsticks or a completely different meat instead of the turkey they ordered:
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... er-3676504
Nick Harvey
God

Whilst on the subject of returning rancid turkeys to Tesco, has anyone else noticed that they've recently started taking back your Clubcard points when they give you a credit for anything which originally earned points?

It never used to happen and was a nice little bonus but they seem to have noticed the loophole and have knocked it on the head.
WillPS

Nick Harvey wrote: Fri 10 Jan, 2020 22.08 Whilst on the subject of returning rancid turkeys to Tesco, has anyone else noticed that they've recently started taking back your Clubcard points when they give you a credit for anything which originally earned points?

It never used to happen and was a nice little bonus but they seem to have noticed the loophole and have knocked it on the head.
You mean rejecting online deliveries or returning stuff at the customer service desk?

In the case of the latter I've always found it depends on how they process the refund.
Nick Harvey
God

WillPS wrote: You mean rejecting online deliveries or returning stuff at the customer service desk?
The former.
Pete

Tell you what annoys me. The paper petrol vouchers that only last a set time. Given they have the tech to be able to vary the price of petrol based on your clubcard (as shown during that excellent offer a few years ago) I wish they'd just make the whole thing automatic. Unless it's also a wheeze to get you to go into the shop and spend more than the £3 you're actually saving.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

Considering I have the Nectar app, Sainsbury's are still dishing out paper vouchers in addition to the weekly ones on the app. A complete waste of paper as they're still not tightly targeted to my shop compared to the app.
TVF's London Lite.
Pete

Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 12 Jan, 2020 00.58 Considering I have the Nectar app, Sainsbury's are still dishing out paper vouchers in addition to the weekly ones on the app. A complete waste of paper as they're still not tightly targeted to my shop compared to the app.
I mean they've only *just* added having your nectar card on your wallet to the ios one.

Tesco changed to a more complex qr code on their app and the scanners on SAYS really don't like it as much as the older one
rdobbie

Pete wrote: Sat 11 Jan, 2020 16.29 Tell you what annoys me. The paper petrol vouchers that only last a set time. Given they have the tech to be able to vary the price of petrol based on your clubcard (as shown during that excellent offer a few years ago) I wish they'd just make the whole thing automatic. Unless it's also a wheeze to get you to go into the shop and spend more than the £3 you're actually saving.
Even more annoying is the new generation of Sainsbury's unstaffed petrol stations, which have no ability to accept the "10p off a litre" vouchers (advertised in the adjoining store as an inducement for spending £20 on TU clothing, for example).

When you get to the petrol pump you see an A4 notice bearing a half-hearted apology for their IT shortcoming, and a really kind and thoughtful suggestion that you should drive 20+ miles to the nearest Sainsbury's petrol station that is capable of accepting your voucher.

Surely they could invite customers to take their voucher and fuel receipt into the store to be reimbursed for the promised discount. They already manage to do this at many stores for reimbursement of parking meter charges.
Pete

rdobbie wrote: Sun 12 Jan, 2020 04.33Even more annoying is the new generation of Sainsbury's unstaffed petrol stations, which have no ability to accept the "10p off a litre" vouchers (advertised in the adjoining store as an inducement for spending £20 on TU clothing, for example).

When you get to the petrol pump you see an A4 notice bearing a half-hearted apology for their IT shortcoming, and a really kind and thoughtful suggestion that you should drive 20+ miles to the nearest Sainsbury's petrol station that is capable of accepting your voucher.

Surely they could invite customers to take their voucher and fuel receipt into the store to be reimbursed for the promised discount. They already manage to do this at many stores for reimbursement of parking meter charges.
I see Morrisons, or at least the Morrisons Daily petrol station I happened to come across somewhere in the middle of nowhere up by Aberdeen, now have contactless readers on their air machine. Which at least means you don't have to search for random coins. Although the St Andrews branch did not have it which was annoying.

BTW, the thing where the carwash backs directly onto the shop building, but you don't drive around the back of the kiosk to leave. Was that a Safeway thing or is it literally just what fits best on each site?
Pete

So. First experience with Clubcard plus today. Signed up within the app and it was available to use right away. Your two Big Shop vouchers are buttons within the app that show a QR code to scan as a coupon.

However I spent £115 and only got £9.20 off. Nothing appears to be on the exclusion list however the amount would appear to equal the two sale jumpers I bought. But both are F&F so should be on the deal.

Customer Services say I should take the receipt back into store where allegedly they can see stuff on the till. :/