Another High Street Rebrand

Whataday

Nothing beats St Davids Cardiff in the 1980s.

DJDave

Couldn't beat a fake plant and a water feature in a shopping centre in the 90s!
thegeek

I wonder how Jezza ended up using the version of the logo used between 1998 and 2000?
Andrew

At least he managed to get a seat on that train.

Google 'Amazon logo', its the first one that pops up.
wells

I’m not sure it’s fair to expect their US operation to pay UK taxes.
Pete

thegeek wrote: Fri 25 Jan, 2019 19.40
So that appears to be all the major brands now moved over, Corn Flakes, Crunchy Nut, Rice Krispies, Frosties, All Bran. Now it's just the more niche cereals. The implementation has actally been better than the original mockups, they are more distinguishable from one another and really stand out on the shelves.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Pete

Nando's meanwhile have changed all their crockery and introduced new style sauce bottles. The new plates are actually great and really make the food look better than the older ones. Didn't realise how dated they were until the new ones appeared.

One issue however is they are now storing their perinaise in the fridge, which means that the relatively soft chips tend to snap. Poor user experience.
Andrew

Does anyone know anything about ‘Books & Stationers Limited’, it seems to be a company that runs some WHSmith stores.

I note this from a receipt I got from WHS where the info on the back makes no reference to WHSmith and even gives a customer service email address [email protected]
Pete

Andrew wrote: Wed 31 Jul, 2019 22.04 Does anyone know anything about ‘Books & Stationers Limited’, it seems to be a company that runs some WHSmith stores.

I note this from a receipt I got from WHS where the info on the back makes no reference to WHSmith and even gives a customer service email address [email protected]
They've got a few WHSmith in disguise brands for train station cafes too.
thegeek

Pete wrote: Wed 31 Jul, 2019 22.10
Andrew wrote: Wed 31 Jul, 2019 22.04 Does anyone know anything about ‘Books & Stationers Limited’, it seems to be a company that runs some WHSmith stores.

Books and Stationers Ltd appears to be a wholly owned subsidiary of WHSmith High Street Holdings Ltd - ie the owner of all the non-travel stores. Not sure why they'd have some stores in a separate trading company, unless they were planning to sell them off or something.
g67bbx

thegeek wrote: Fri 02 Aug, 2019 06.31
Pete wrote: Wed 31 Jul, 2019 22.10

Books and Stationers Ltd appears to be a wholly owned subsidiary of WHSmith High Street Holdings Ltd - ie the owner of all the non-travel stores. Not sure why they'd have some stores in a separate trading company, unless they were planning to sell them off or something.
WHSmith purchased this brand in 2011 when the original company went bust. They now operate a handful of British Bookshops and Stationers within the South East (Mainly Sussex)