Another High Street Rebrand

woah

Seemingly not inside going by this photo.

I was hoping they might have had a new look inside, Boots stores are incredibly bland. Maybe we'll see something new in the coming months.
scottishtv

woah wrote: Mon 20 May, 2019 21.17Seemingly not inside going by this photo.
Aww. The website suggested the opposite, when you compare a section like this from now, versus last month.
Changing a font online obviously much easier than an in-store rollout, but still - don't they know how much we hate inconsistency.
james2001

Still signs inside with the old oval logo, so it's a nice confusing mix of two separate pieces of branding.
Beep

The new branding for Boots is installed at St Pancras International station - the main store located at the rear of the station is undergoing a major refurbishment (hasn't been done since around 2007 apparently). Looks quite nice without the oval.

A fair bit of the VAG branding still in place, there was some with Myriad seen during the works.
barcode

I really can't tell the difference if there is one with the front. The revised Boots sign now reminds me of something else, maybe a alcohol drink, it just looks weird.
bilky asko

Congratulations to Benjamin Shatliff on becoming manager of the new Boots in Hull St. Stephen's!

woah

Most of Boots in Meadowhall is closed off for refurbishment - the signs explaining the refurb are all in the new style.

I wonder if it will be one of the first examples of their new store design? I'll update once I see it completed.
Pete

It'll be interesting to see how they roll things out to the smaller stores. One of their perennial problems has always been that signage is designed for big stores and then rammed into the tiny high street pharmacies.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Pete wrote: Sat 08 Jun, 2019 22.44 It'll be interesting to see how they roll things out to the smaller stores. One of their perennial problems has always been that signage is designed for big stores and then rammed into the tiny high street pharmacies.
It also looks pretty shit in older large locations with low ceilings.
thegeek

There's a fair bit on the web about IKEA's tweaked logo - but I can't see much mention of their new typeface. I'm assuming it's custom; it's less ugly than Verdana but not as nice as Futura; and at the moment all three are being used all over my local store. Maybe it'll be in universal use in about 20 years' time.
Philip

thegeek wrote: Sun 09 Jun, 2019 19.28 There's a fair bit on the web about IKEA's tweaked logo - but I can't see much mention of their new typeface. I'm assuming it's custom; it's less ugly than Verdana but not as nice as Futura; and at the moment all three are being used all over my local store. Maybe it'll be in universal use in about 20 years' time.
Warrington still uses Futura in lots of places, ten years after the switch to Verdana, and not just on permanent signage but printed labels for products.