Another High Street Rebrand

thegeek

I'm whelmed.
bilky asko

thegeek wrote: Thu 16 May, 2019 16.16I'm whelmed.
And what a coincidence that you asked about that logo - as bang on as the speaking clock.
WillPS

I presume this is the first advert with the refreshed Boots branding.

I'm all for the message but good god it's cringey.
scottishtv

Not a rebrand, but I noticed my local Homebase has had it's frontage spruced up with a new fascia/banner type thing the length of the store. Presumably it's trying to make the place look more exciting.

scottishtv

WillPS wrote: Sat 18 May, 2019 17.01 I presume this is the first advert with the refreshed Boots branding.
Having passed a few stores, I think the window promo posters etc look pretty good with the logo free'd from it's oval. I'd be surprised if they replace exterior signage given the size of the store estate, but I guess we'll see. I also think their own brand packaging for pharmacy stuff could do with an update.
Pete

the main issue, to my mind, with Boots branding is those awful overly large VAG Rounded signs inside. The font looks so tired, especially on the lorries with the uninspiring colour scheme.

They really need to get rid of their obsession with 3 for 2 as well and move towards an EDLP model.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
barcode

I think with the BT rebrand is pretty neat, well only the coloured version. The Black and white one is dire, but I think it will have other multi-purpose uses when used for other projects, I hope. With Boots, I just can't tell the difference.
DJDave

scottishtv wrote: Sat 18 May, 2019 17.47 Not a rebrand, but I noticed my local Homebase has had it's frontage spruced up with a new fascia/banner type thing the length of the store. Presumably it's trying to make the place look more exciting.

Think this is the re-brand that has taken on some of Bunnings ideas and then brought back some of homebase's stuff, wish they would hurry up and refit my local homebase.
JAS84

scottishtv wrote: Sat 18 May, 2019 17.52
WillPS wrote: Sat 18 May, 2019 17.01 I presume this is the first advert with the refreshed Boots branding.
Having passed a few stores, I think the window promo posters etc look pretty good with the logo free'd from it's oval. I'd be surprised if they replace exterior signage given the size of the store estate, but I guess we'll see. I also think their own brand packaging for pharmacy stuff could do with an update.
Well, Hull's branch has the new signage... but that's because they closed two old stores and opened a new one last week.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-o ... ll-2868218
DJDave

JAS84 wrote: Mon 20 May, 2019 18.50
scottishtv wrote: Sat 18 May, 2019 17.52
Well, Hull's branch has the new signage... but that's because they closed two old stores and opened a new one last week.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-o ... ll-2868218
Logo looks so much better now the oval has been dropped.
Pete

That's really really nice. Will be interesting to see if they get rid of any of the VAG branding at the same time
"He has to be larger than bacon"