No deal
28%
People's vote
48%
Something else (pls specify)
7%

Total votes: 46
woah

How thoroughly depressing, and what a bunch of absolute wankers.

I know this isn't representative of the country as a whole but I fear this sort of behaviour only encourages other pig-headed imbeciles such as these to come forward. Politics in the UK is just abhorrent at the moment.
james2001

Yesterdy my mum had a post from a pro-brexit group shared into her facebook feed from a colleague yesterday which sickened her, which was a picture of a union jack which said "1914-1918, 1939-1945, we owe Europe nothing", which tells you everything you need to know about some people (and the colleague of hers that shared it- she says she's disgusted but doesn't want to unfollow her because she has to face her every day at work and doesn't want her to get angry).

As the daughter of a mixed race immigrant, she's horrified at brexit and all the bigotry that's been unleased. And probably wouldn't be considered "British" by many of these neanderthals for the same reason.
Alexia

MarkAshley wrote: Tue 08 Jan, 2019 12.10 As you say, this is a very, VERY tiny part of a ball of fluff sitting atop a little crack on the top of the tip of the iceberg of actual Leave voters.
The actual people doing these acts may represent a tiny ball of fluff, but the sentiments run deeper. Xenophobia is rife in this country and has spread like a virus post 2016 so that now people who up until now had kept it hidden are allowing it out into the open.

It's like wearing crocs with socks, but worse.
ChrisPBacon

Deal rejected 202-432, majority 230.
all new Phil

Thanks - I’d been sat here waiting for the result.
all new Phil

Can see Theresa bypassing Corbyn completely and speaking directly to Labour backbenchers. He’s putting up conditions before he’ll agree to meet with her - what a shame he didn’t put up conditions before agreeing to meet with some of the shady characters he’s met with in the past.
dosxuk

At the same time, all the mutterings from people who have met her in the last day are suggesting all she's wanting to do is build a consensus for her existing deal. There seems to zero recognition of the scale of the defeat she suffered.

Although I do like the irony of her bringing her deal basically unchanged back to parliament to be voted on again in a "you gave the wrong answer last time, let's try again shall we" situation.
Philip

MarkAshley wrote: Wed 16 Jan, 2019 01.18 "Government gets teeth kicked in; all you need to know in 12 crisp paragraphs". That'll do me.
  • Ready Salted
  • Salt & Vinegar
  • Cheese & Onion
  • Prawn Cocktail
  • Beef & Onion
  • Roast Chicken
  • Smokey Bacon
  • Worcester Sauce
  • Tomato Ketchup
  • Pickled Onion
  • Marmite
  • Hedgehog
james2001

dosxuk wrote: Thu 17 Jan, 2019 09.27Although I do like the irony of her bringing her deal basically unchanged back to parliament to be voted on again in a "you gave the wrong answer last time, let's try again shall we" situation.
The public aren't allowed to vote again, but she's going to make MPs vote again.
Alexia

And so ironically is advocate of a People's Railway but not advocate of a People's Vote: yes, it's magic grandpa 4D-chess player Chairman Corbyn. Keep bringing no confidence votes until he gets the one he wants.
bilky asko

james2001 wrote: Thu 17 Jan, 2019 20.35
dosxuk wrote: Thu 17 Jan, 2019 09.27Although I do like the irony of her bringing her deal basically unchanged back to parliament to be voted on again in a "you gave the wrong answer last time, let's try again shall we" situation.
The public aren't allowed to vote again, but she's going to make MPs vote again.
The referendum was a vote between two options; this vote by MPs was whether or not to accept one option. Not quite the same thing.