Another High Street Rebrand

thegeek

Selling planet-killing fossil fuels doesn't seem like it fits in particularly well with the Co-operative values.
Pete

MarkAshley wrote: Sat 06 Oct, 2018 16.51 Great pictures Ant, thanks for sharing (and perhaps a mod can fix those tags).
again, the all new media tag is your friend. just use the full URLs inbetween it
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

The Texaco/Co-operative Food (formerly Somerfield) up at the top of the hill has been similarly rebranded.

I don't think the Co-op logo looks particularly terrible on the canopies, but it certainly looks fantastic at the top of a totem.
WillPS

MarkAshley wrote: Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01.11 I rather like LNER's new livery.
That isn't LNER's livery, it's just the Virgin Trains East Coast one with the logo replaced.
Ant158

https://flic.kr/p/2c3JdKq

Barrow Brook store near Clitheroe is now fully refurbed inside and out. The branding looks smart and inside taller shelves mean a much increased product range.
barcode

Did anyone notice Poundstretchers did buy out part of Poundworld and along with Bargin buys name.
WillPS

barcode wrote: Mon 26 Nov, 2018 16.56 Did anyone notice Poundstretchers did buy out part of Poundworld and along with Bargin buys name.
I don't think they bought it, they just started using it. Interestingly it does not appear to have been trademarked until last month, when the administrators registered it. Poundstretcher then submitted their own registration.

The Poundstretcher 'Bargain Buys' shops which I know of are former Poundstretchers.

It all ignores the fact that the problem with Poundstretcher isn't the brand, it's the other crap they fill their shelves with.
sqwidge1978

WillPS wrote: Mon 26 Nov, 2018 19.57
barcode wrote: Mon 26 Nov, 2018 16.56 Did anyone notice Poundstretchers did buy out part of Poundworld and along with Bargin buys name.
I don't think they bought it, they just started using it. Interestingly it does not appear to have been trademarked until last month, when the administrators registered it. Poundstretcher then submitted their own registration.

The Poundstretcher 'Bargain Buys' shops which I know of are former Poundstretchers.

It all ignores the fact that the problem with Poundstretcher isn't the brand, it's the other crap they fill their shelves with.
The Grimsby one is the old Poundworld
rdobbie

WillPS wrote: Mon 26 Nov, 2018 19.57

Poundstretcher are getting away with murder right now.

A few weeks ago BBC Watchdog revealed they were selling dangerous phone chargers (liable to set your house on fire at any moment) with fake CE certifications.

From my own observations they're also selling food products from Turkey, Bangladesh, Kosovo and Belarus without any ingredients or allergen information written in the English language (a legal requirement). Poundstretcher's casual attitude towards labelling compliance also raises questions about the food safety and hygiene of the products in question.

It's incredible to see a large retailer flouting the law on a national scale. I guess it all boils down to austerity and its effects on council-run Trading Standards departments whose job it is to enforce thousands of laws.

My local Premier corner shop has, for the last 5 years, been selling 4 bottles of Pinot Grigio for £10 (with a handwritten shelf-edger outwith the Premier corporate style), front of house. Clearly it's a combination of fakery and excise duty avoidance. I once bought some out of curiosity and it was perfectly drinkable, but not Pinot Grigio and not 13% (it tasted like watered down French table wine).
all new Phil

If anything, Poundstretcher are ahead of the game. Once we leave the EU, we can get rid of all these rules and regulations around health and safety, political correctness and *screws face up* the environment. Noel Edmonds CAN’T WAIT.
Nick Harvey
God

Of interest locally in Wiltshire, and to anyone with loads of bucks to spare on a very posh kitchen, Canberg/Smallbone/Mark Wilkinson Furniture are reported as going into administration.

Likely to mean a few job losses, and a few unhappy posh cooks.