The Unofficial Sainsbury's Thread

DJDave

I noticed our tiny Sainsburys which has been around for years is soon to be getting an Argos in store.
WillPS

DJDave wrote: Mon 05 Nov, 2018 22.40 I noticed our tiny Sainsburys which has been around for years is soon to be getting an Argos in store.
You haven't noticed any of the ~300 other branches of Sainsbury's which have had similar installations? JS have only opened a handful of supermarkets since the takeover.
DJDave

Yeah I know the bigger ones have, and I have even used one and also my local Argos has a Sainsburys cash machine now attached to the end. However my local Sainsburys has been around since the 70s/80s and only has about 12 Aisles and already an Argos click and collect point so was a bit shocked to see the banner on the side saying Argos coming to this store soon. :)
WillPS

DJDave wrote: Thu 08 Nov, 2018 20.28 Yeah I know the bigger ones have, and I have even used one and also my local Argos has a Sainsburys cash machine now attached to the end. However my local Sainsburys has been around since the 70s/80s and only has about 12 Aisles and already an Argos click and collect point so was a bit shocked to see the banner on the side saying Argos coming to this store soon. :)
I think they would like all supermarkets to have them, regardless of size. There are a few exceptions where the a neighbouring Argos branch acts as a 'hub' so wouldn't be suitable to be transplanted in to a JS - Crystal Peaks in Sheffield is one such example. Whether they choose to ultimately leave those sites be, duplicate or resolve in some other way remains to be seen.

Same with Asda if that happens.
DJDave

Yeah I'm waiting for the other Sainsburys near me to knock a wall through to the Argos next door :lol:
all new Phil

Does anyone else refer to Sainsbury’s as “Saino’s” in an Australian accent? Or is it just me?
Alexia

Strictly Sainsburgers nowadays thanks to Vicki Pipe.
steveboswell

all new Phil wrote: Sat 10 Nov, 2018 08.32 Does anyone else refer to Sainsbury’s as “Saino’s” in an Australian accent? Or is it just me?
For most people at work, it's Say-no's, although I might try and introduce the Antipodean angle to mix things up a bit.

I've always referred to it as "J's", but I think that's just me...
thegeek

all new Phil wrote: Sat 10 Nov, 2018 08.32 Does anyone else refer to Sainsbury’s as “Saino’s” in an Australian accent? Or is it just me?
No, but with my in-laws, Asda always has a definite article. I don't think any other supermarket gets the 'the' treatment with them, but I think I'd probably refer to the Co-op.
DJDave

Yeah I think a lot of people say "the Co-op" but I hate "The Asda" :? in our family we call it Stains sometimes :lol:
all new Phil

“Asda’s” winds me up.