Another High Street Rebrand

Pete

sqwidge1978 wrote: Sun 16 Sep, 2018 14.13
Jacket wrote: Thu 28 Jun, 2018 22.32 Those black and white logos are awful - competely bland and generic.

Also, I can't wait for my local petrol station to adopt the snappy moniker of "Little Waitrose & Partners at Shell Select".
Have you seen the even snappier re brand of the Foodhalls

From the already snappy
'John Lewis foodhall from Waitrose'

to the even snappier
'John Lewis & Partners Foodhall From Waotrose & Partners'

It just tools of the tongue.
jacobs_by_marc_jacobs.jpg
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

It's clumsy in the extreme. Little Waitrose is now Little Waitrose & Partners, which sounds like a blog by a polygamist to me.
sqwidge1978

Pete wrote: Sun 16 Sep, 2018 16.11
sqwidge1978 wrote: Sun 16 Sep, 2018 14.13
Jacket wrote: Thu 28 Jun, 2018 22.32 Those black and white logos are awful - competely bland and generic.

Also, I can't wait for my local petrol station to adopt the snappy moniker of "Little Waitrose & Partners at Shell Select".
Have you seen the even snappier re brand of the Foodhalls

From the already snappy
'John Lewis foodhall from Waitrose'

to the even snappier
'John Lewis & Partners Foodhall From Waotrose & Partners'

It just tools of the tongue.
jacobs_by_marc_jacobs.jpg
Can't see image, so Googled it and pmsl
sqwidge1978

MarkAshley wrote: Sun 16 Sep, 2018 16.36 You are shitting me with this one aren't you?? And "little Waitrose" branches? "Waitrose and little partners" perhaps, employing only dwarfs and children.

A "John Lewis & Partners" decal has appeared in the window of my local store, but as I have said it's a "John Lewis at home" branch (sans clothing and stuff), so what is this to become?

"John Lewis & Partners at home" sounds like a blues band from the seventies.
I've heard is set to become
"John Lewis @home by John Lewis and Partners from The John Lewis and Partners Partnership"
thegeek

Uber. (keeping it simple)
Finn

MarkAshley wrote: Sun 30 Sep, 2018 23.52 Apologies for the darkness - it was night time.
Better than if it had been dark in the daytime, I guess. ;)
Pete

Just to emphasise how pointless the John Lewis rebrand is

https://waitrose.pressarea.com/pressrel ... S_13/10145

"Waitrose & Partners is to become the UK’s first supermarket to deliver groceries to customers inside the home and put them away while they are out."

Consistent use of & Partners thoughout.

Soon as it hits any press
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45747673
https://news.sky.com/story/waitrose-to- ... y-11517493

off it comes again. The BBC being even more vicious as they removed it from the guy's job title too.
cwathen

Pete wrote: Fri 05 Oct, 2018 07.59
https://waitrose.pressarea.com/pressrel ... S_13/10145

"Waitrose & Partners is to become the UK’s first supermarket to deliver groceries to customers inside the home and put them away while they are out."

Consistent use of & Partners thoughout.
Not even completely consistent there...the delivery driver is simply a 'Waitrose Delivery Driver' and the code for your smart lock is 'sent to Waitrose via a secure app'. The trial is also called 'While You're Away from Waitrose'.

Still a daft rebrand, not only is it an utterly stupid name, but it looks so boring and soulless. Their old branding was still pretty smart and contemporary too, not something in desperate need of a rebrand.
Pete

the new name badges are horrid too
Alexia

Not that we've featured sports clubs on this thread, but they rebrand as often as any high street chain so I thought it would be interesting to slip in this tweet from FC Barcelona showing the evolution over the years and proposed future rebrand of their crest.

Ant158

Coop are in the process of rebranding this petrol station and store near Clitheroe in Lancashire. This has exposed the branding history of this site.

Starting life as a Sommerfield:

Then came the Cooperative Food light green:

Followed by the Texaco fascia:

and now a full Coop blue rebrand: