Happy (Belated) 15th Birthday to Metropol

Pete

15 years for a website is like being Nick's age for a human I think it's fine we're two days late.

Metropol turned 15 on Wednesday.

Quite how we've kept going this long is beyond me but I've enjoyed every moment of it.

Roll on the big 30 in 2033... just in time for Brentrance
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

And interestingly, like Brexit, the implementation period for this poll was only 6 years.
Philip

Happy b))rthday!
Pete wrote: Fri 17 Aug, 2018 00.16 just in time for Brentrance

?
cwathen

I never thought in 2003 that it would still be around now either, but glad it is

Happy birthday Metropol!
Bail

I dont like it.
Pete

oh and, exciting news, I've finally managed to get the child theme thing working. So welcome back to links to the Upload Service, TV Forum, Please Respond, and the banishment of the FAQ link.
Philip

By the way is the Metropol upload service still good to use in the long run? I've had a few image/file sharing sites close on me in recent years but I still use Metropol's to share stuff on TVF.
Pete

Philip wrote: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 13.12 By the way is the Metropol upload service still good to use in the long run? I've had a few image/file sharing sites close on me in recent years but I still use Metropol's to share stuff on TVF.
I want to see a relationship between metropol and the uploader that works in the interests of people and preserves the screengrabs as far as is possible
Martin

15 years, who would have thought eh?

Seeing the old logo and purple did make me laugh.

“Online, all the time”... my attempt at shoehorning in some relevance to the 247 in the domain name. The reality being I couldn’t find a suitable name that wasn’t already registered... why didn’t I think of purplebricks?!

I remember when we changed to the red, someone worked out how to still view the site in the old theme, such was the dislike for the change :lol:

I was never a coding expert by any means, so brining Pete into the body of the kirk seemed logical as he was always happy to point out the lack of open compliance in the original design!

Happy memories. I’m not very active these days but I do pop in from time to time.
Nick Harvey
God

Good to see you still around, Martin.