The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

woah

gottago wrote: Tue 12 Jun, 2018 21.49
woah wrote: Tue 12 Jun, 2018 19.17 It's also been put in a couple of newly refurbed McDs here in Sheffield. Works far better than the zones because you don't have to try and work out which zone has spaces first and then dash over to the table. That and it's much easier for the staff to find you.

The only weird thing is there seems to be no return point for the table numbers.
Is the return point not where you got it from? And shouldn’t staff take it from you once they’ve brought your order over?
True enough but you'd think they'd have a spot for them at the recycling area - they didn't take them away when I used it but I don't know if that's standard policy.
Martin Phillp

The return point is back at the touchscreens in Croydon, which the staff member takes from your table back.

They also bring a ton of sauces with them when bringing the food.
TVF's London Lite.
Dr Lobster*

don't go into mcdonalds all that often, but just popped into the Royston services Mcdonalds for a pitstop on the way back from legoland...

had table service with these locator beacons which you put on your table with a number.

i was half expecting it to flash when your order was coming, but alas no.

what is the purpose of the gubbins inside them then?
james2001

I used one of those in Dundee on Thursday too, quite a good way of doing things in my opinion.
Martin Phillp

I had no idea they have locator beacons!
TVF's London Lite.
Pete

james2001 wrote: Sun 24 Jun, 2018 23.02 I used one of those in Dundee on Thursday too, quite a good way of doing things in my opinion.
wot? in which branch? Kingsway East (beside Asda?)

Campy still has just printed receipt number, as does Reform Street. Wellgate is proper old fashioned still IIRC.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
james2001

Yes, it was the one next to Asda.

I believe the Reform Street branch was the first ever McDonald's in Scotland unless I'm mistaken
thegeek

james2001 wrote: Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11.30 Yes, it was the one next to Asda.

I believe the Reform Street branch was the first ever McDonald's in Scotland unless I'm mistaken
I thought it was Union Street in Glasgow? I went to the opening (my gran knew the franchisee), ate two Big Macs and was sick.

[edit] You're quite right, as this Scotsman article shows.
woah

Not that long ago I came across this McDonalds in London stuck in a time warp:

https://goo.gl/maps/RpiEJofRTbP2

It's been refurbished in the last few months (it was certainly still in its original state in May 2017) but this is the only restaurant I've come across in many years that's still missing the 2006/2016 refreshed looks.

Are there any other time warp McDonalds out there?
WillPS

woah wrote: Wed 27 Jun, 2018 22.02 Not that long ago I came across this McDonalds in London stuck in a time warp:

https://goo.gl/maps/RpiEJofRTbP2

It's been refurbished in the last few months (it was certainly still in its original state in May 2017) but this is the only restaurant I've come across in many years that's still missing the 2006/2016 refreshed looks.

Are there any other time warp McDonalds out there?
That's quite a find, I consider any which doesn't have touchscreens as a time warp, never mind pre-green era ones.

I suspect there are a fair few in the States, for whatever reason they often rebuild from the ground up rather than refurb. I presume this one is cheating a bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_Mc ... restaurant

Probably this one too:
all new Phil

Hmmm. Brown and yellow.