Adverts that irritate and entertain

Pete

JoshX wrote: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 20.10 2 words. Postcode. Lottery.
4 words. The. People's. Postcode. Lottery.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
thegeek

all new Phil

5 words: “Derek, we’re off to Benidorm”
Alexia

4 words

"Don't forget the pesetas."
Philip

Does anyone like the Nationwide poetry adverts? They're not as bad as the Flo and Joan ones but they still make me want to turn over.
gottago

Philip wrote: Tue 17 Jul, 2018 19.18 Does anyone like the Nationwide poetry adverts? They're not as bad as the Flo and Joan ones but they still make me want to turn over.
As I’ve said in this thread before I just cannot comprehend how they could possibly compel anyone to choose Nationwide over another bank/building society. Not only is the main content of every last one of these adverts awful but the silent slates they put on afterwards saying what service they’re promoting make so little impact I honestly couldn’t recall what they said even a few minutes after watching. They must be working given that they’ve been on for so long but my god, they don’t deserve any success from them.
Alexia

When I was scoping out banks to replace HSBC, Nationwide offered an attractive deal (not as attractive as TSB's Current Plus, but still nice). Unfortunately the sales assistant spent so long badgering me about the "perks" that come with the account rather than talking about the actual account itself she talked herself out of a "sale", so to speak.

My mate's with them though and he has little complaint.
dosxuk

gottago wrote: Tue 17 Jul, 2018 23.24
Philip wrote: Tue 17 Jul, 2018 19.18 Does anyone like the Nationwide poetry adverts? They're not as bad as the Flo and Joan ones but they still make me want to turn over.
As I’ve said in this thread before I just cannot comprehend how they could possibly compel anyone to choose Nationwide over another bank/building society. Not only is the main content of every last one of these adverts awful but the silent slates they put on afterwards saying what service they’re promoting make so little impact I honestly couldn’t recall what they said even a few minutes after watching. They must be working given that they’ve been on for so long but my god, they don’t deserve any success from them.
And yet they're still preferable to the current Halifax ads.
bilky asko

gottago wrote: Tue 17 Jul, 2018 23.24
They are proper tripe. It's insufferable, insincere social justice pandering.

It says something when John Cooper Clarke's poetry for the McCain's ad seems more sincere. Not to mention it being far better poetry.
Philip

I see that Currys PC World have relegated their employees to just speaking the introduction on their adverts now, with a professional voiceover actually telling you the deals for the rest of the ad.
Philip

I find it a bit odd that Anthea Turner is starring in an advert where she’s supposed to be a daytime chat show host, when she hasn’t done that kind of job in years.