The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

Alexia

A child wouldn't give half of much as a shit as you have.
Pete

Alexia wrote: Fri 06 Apr, 2018 18.55 A child wouldn't give half of much as a shit as you have.
Right I'm getting bored of this in this thread, and its not just you. Next one to be a cunt gets banned for a week.

New Lucozade is vile. Fact.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nick Harvey
God

Pete wrote:Next one to be a cunt gets banned for a week.
Cheer up!

Happy birthday!

Have a (sugar-free) drink on me!
james2001

Pete wrote: Fri 06 Apr, 2018 20.20 New Lucozade is vile. Fact.
I was in a Spar yesterday, and their own brand "glucose energy" is still full sugar... for now. It's the nearest you're going to get to proper lucozade.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Euro Shopper own brand one was as well, but I couldn't find any the last time I was in a shop which sold their stuff.
Pete

james2001 wrote: Mon 09 Apr, 2018 01.30I was in a Spar yesterday, and their own brand "glucose energy" is still full sugar... for now. It's the nearest you're going to get to proper lucozade.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Euro Shopper own brand one was as well, but I couldn't find any the last time I was in a shop which sold their stuff.
Yes I also heard this however they only do original and my favourite was always orange. I did notice a large display of euroshopper lucozade near the entrance last time I was in Booker, perhaps they're pushing it as a salvation.

I suppose with the own brands, given they always cost pennies, adding a few more pennies means they are still far cheaper than the branded ones but with all the sugar.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
james2001

Actually Spar do have Orange- in fact that was the only one they had in stock in the store I went to!

I wonder how many people who miss proper Lucozade are actually aware of these brands? I only found out myself the last few days. A shame the nearest branch of Spar is on the other end of town.
james2001

Looks like the Euro Shopper version has Orange and Cherry variants too:

I have no idea what they taste like though. I remember Asda's own brand, when they used to have one about 10 years ago, tasted a bit off, but it still wasn't as bad as the new Lucozade.
Critique

Went to the Liverpool Street station McDonald's today, which has been somewhat ruined by the new format. I think they've extended the kitchen a bit, and then removed all the seating in order to be able to fit the self-service tills in, so you have no choice but to have your food to take away. It's also the only branch I've seen where the receipt numbers go above 100 - my order was in the 500 range but the orders before me were in the 300s so unlike other branches they're not just counting up either.
dosxuk

The seating is no great loss though, there's never been enough for the amount of people who want to use it, and even when there was seats the tables were always piled high with rubbish because nobody seems bothered about using the bins. Think the only time I've ever got a seat in there was at 8am on New Years Day on my way to work.

I do wish there were some large bins outside so when you inevitably end up standing on the concourse, you've got somewhere to chuck your wrappings.
james2001

So the coke freestyle machines at Five Guys no longer sell flavoured regular coke thanks to the sugar tax, and are going to remove it altogether soon (looks like it's Coke's decision rather than Five Guys'). What a joke, especially as the freestyle machines were one of Five Guys' biggest selling points, and I can get unflavoured coke anywhere. Well done for yet more removal of my choice *slow clap*
dosxuk

Also in sugar watch, Brewers Fayre have removed all the sugared options from their self dispense (the pepsi ones with the flavour options) machines too.