Another High Street Rebrand

bilky asko

MarkAshley wrote: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 20.23
Critique wrote: Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35 ...despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
BT isn't an acronym.
Indeed, it's an initialism.
WillPS

bilky asko wrote: Tue 28 Nov, 2017 01.57
MarkAshley wrote: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 20.23
Critique wrote: Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35 ...despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
BT isn't an acronym.
Indeed, it's an initialism.
...unless we're talking about balance transfers.
Andrew

With Intu being taken over, I wonder if this will mean all their shopping centres will rebrand back to their original names and lose their distinctive intu corporate quirky branding.
gottago

Andrew wrote: Wed 06 Dec, 2017 19.27 With Intu being taken over, I wonder if this will mean all their shopping centres will rebrand back to their original names and lose their distinctive intu corporate quirky branding.
Christ I hope so. I wonder if any customer has ever uttered the name “intu Trafford Centre”.
woah

I've never understood why the Intu brand is so prominent - it adds nothing. It's not like their shopping centres are similar in any way, and because they're so spread out it's not like making the generic Intu brand enticing is going to attract people more than just advertising the Trafford Centre would for example.

It also has the "Co-operative Food" problem - a farce of a name that no-one used ever. It took years for them to start referring to themselves as the Co-op again and thankfully they've now rebranded back to the Co-op.
Andrew

If they do drop the intu brand, it'll be interesting to see what they call the one in Derby. I bet most people still call it Westfield (at least the new build fancy bit).

I suppose it may work to some degree on Tyneside as people now know that Intu Metrocentre and Intu Eldon Square are owned by the same people, and I'm guessing you can get Intu gift cards and the like.
tillyoshea

Andrew wrote: Wed 06 Dec, 2017 23.16I suppose it may work to some degree on Tyneside as people now know that Intu Metrocentre and Intu Eldon Square are owned by the same people
But they're not, really - intu is only just the majority shareholder in each of those two, and there are no links between any of the minority shareholders. The Church Commissioners stake in the Metrocentre resulted in it keeping an onsite chapel with a Chaplain and fairly frequent services for many years - certainly into the 2010s (though I think it's now closed).

Personally, I'm not very fond of intu's branding, most especially the faux-twee conversational tone they adopt in mass produced signage. I'd be glad to see the back of it. But I suspect the financial benefits of branded ads, gift cards etc that cover all Centres might mean that it sticks around.
james2001

Andrew wrote: Wed 06 Dec, 2017 23.16 If they do drop the intu brand, it'll be interesting to see what they call the one in Derby. I bet most people still call it Westfield (at least the new build fancy bit).
The people I know in Derby still call it the Eagle Centre.
sqwidge1978

Hammerson had a rebrand last year and introduced a new unified identity for their shopping centres. The unified brand includes the centre's name in bold with the Town/City name underneath with the subtle 'Hidden H' as a brand icon.

https://www.underconsideration.com/bran ... tagram.php

Individual Mall logos

Hammerson Logo

So maybe they will gradually reintroduce the Center Names Such as Eagle Venter, Derby. Harlequin Centre, Watford. The Chimes, Uxbridge etc
sqwidge1978

Currently, Victoria Gate, Leeds. Westquay, Southampthon and Cabots Circus, Bristol. Are the only Hammerson Centres to have fully rebranded in the UK with the rest taking on a unified website design with their current logos.

The Brand in application on their centers

Victoria Gate, Leeds.

Westquay, Southampton.

WillPS

Hammerson only really want the out of town supercentres. I expect they'll be stripped of Intu branding and the reduced Intu portfolio sold off either as a whole or centre-by-centre.

Doesn't bode well for the poor old Broadmarsh centre in Nottingham though, now on its 6th or 7th redevelopment proposal in the last 2 decades, no ground broken on any of them.

https://twitter.com/intuBroadmarsh/stat ... 5777406977