Another High Street Rebrand

JAS84

thegeek wrote: Mon 06 Mar, 2017 06.26Logobook, a fancier version of Logopedia,
Apparently some of their content is taken from Logopedia and other similar places (Brand New?), and they admit it:
“The more recent logos have been collected from open online resources such as Google and some logo websites,” he continues.
sqwidge1978

JAS84 wrote: Sat 04 Mar, 2017 06.57 Looks liike Aldi is changing from this:
To this:
The Chinese version of the logo which has already rolled out, the rest of the Aldi Süd stores are to see roll out from June onwards.

Critique

Whenever I've seen the Aldi or Lidl logos in recent times I've wondered when one of the two would get a rebrand away from their outdated and rubbish looking logos, so nice to see a bit of a step here from Aldi, even if A) It isn't particularly revolutionary or 2) It isn't particularly good. Lidl's very minimalist white and grey #LidlSurprises stuff always seems to me like it is awaiting a rebrand with a logo that fits the surrounding stuff in a much nicer way - the video below shows a very nice Lidl Concept store which looks slightly odd with the rubbishy logo on the exterior. I'd love to see the style of store there rolled out across the estate.

EDIT: Can't get the YouTube tag to work - tried the full URL and also just the video code bit but neither threw a video up.
bilky asko

Lidl has just opened in Scarborough with a similar look to that concept store. The opening hours on the totem sign disagree with the ones at the (heavily bakery scented) entrance, which is a nice touch.

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/new ... -1-8393320

The self service tills there are a newer model of Wincor Nixdorf - same annoying note acceptor as the old models, but a nice and speedy coin hopper, as opposed to a coin conveyor. The change comes out into a woefully undersized tray, undesirably warm as ever.
jonathan

bilky asko wrote: Wed 08 Mar, 2017 01.01 Lidl has just opened in Scarborough with a similar look to that concept store. The opening hours on the totem sign disagree with the ones at the (heavily bakery scented) entrance, which is a nice touch.

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/new ... -1-8393320

The self service tills there are a newer model of Wincor Nixdorf - same annoying note acceptor as the old models, but a nice and speedy coin hopper, as opposed to a coin conveyor. The change comes out into a woefully undersized tray, undesirably warm as ever.
Lidl have just opened a new store in Craigmillar Edinburgh to replace the existing one, which was horrible. It's also like the concept store.

The bakery didn't have a bread slicer so a woman returned the loaf she'd picked up. Lidl in France and Spain have the baker items enclosed and I would have liked to see that introduced in UK.
Philip

Insert obligatory Brand New link here: http://www.underconsideration.com/brand ... ietaet.php
sqwidge1978

There appears to be two slightly different versions of the logother.

Version 1

Slightly thinner bands, horizontal bands positions higher, no downward flick on bottom horizontal band.

------------
Version 2

Thicker bands, horizontal bands positioned lower down, downward flick on lower horizontal band.

----------

My personal preference is version one, as with the horizontal bars being higher it keeps the appearance of the 'A' more prominent, whereas version with version 2 it appears more like a lower case 'H' which would be suited to their Hoffer brand.. However it appears as if they have gone with version 2 as evident from the one adopted by Aldi China

all new Phil

Looks shit either way.
sqwidge1978

Poundland in Lincoln displaying the new logo
Finn

At a nearby Asda garage (Hulme, Manchester) and discovered that Morrisons are making a sneaky bid to rebrand their opposition ;)

JAS84

A grey No Entry symbol? :?