Yet another Morrisons thread

sqwidge1978

Looks like the Tree Brand is being rolled out on packaging, along with a rebrand back to 'The Best's from 'Signature' Brand.

Old. 'Signature' pack

New Tree Brand 'The Best' pack

Sorry had to post links as couldn't work out how to post pics
Pete

sqwidge1978 wrote:Sorry had to post links as couldn't work out how to post pics
there you go, fixed it for you. If you click the img button just above the post editor and then pop the URL inbetween the tags.

If you need to upload images you can also click "upload service" in the grey bar under the logo. :)
"He has to be larger than bacon"
gottago

Yikes. 80% of their Wakefield depot is on fire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-36699036
Martin Phillp

Will this affect distribution across the country or in the north of England?
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

It will more than likely affect everywhere to some extent as every other depot has to compensate for the missing one. Sainsburys have/had backup sites (which were normally brought online around Christmas for extra capacity). I wonder if Morrisons does...
rdobbie

sqwidge1978 wrote:
New Tree Brand 'The Best' pack

Thanks for posting that.

Wow, so they've resurrected the logo originally created by Safeway 17 years ago. How fantastic it looks too, integrated into that new pack design with the tree logo.

They've also returned to Safeway's mono colour scheme with a hint of colour only for the product name:

(Credit to groceryinsight.com where I found that image)

I hated Morrisons' use of The Best logo against a green background; it did nothing to convey a premium message. It looked like a bog standard – or even a cheapo – ready meal range. Things got even worse with the design of the M Signature range; the example posted on the previous page of this thread shows just what a nasty cluttered mess it became (not to mention the big no-no of using food photography alongside a product window).
tweedledum

I see the Eat Smart brand is returning, presumably with the NuMe brand being scrapped?
ph2o

Basically gone back to Safeway days with 'The Best' and 'EatSmart'. M 'Savers' was also from Safeway 'Savers' previously was 'Value' and 'Bettabuy'.

Soon it'll be 'Lightening the load'.
james2001

Morrisons are basically just starting to get to the point Safeway were at when they took them over- 13 years ago. It's still shocking how up to date Safeway were, then Morrisons took over and basically rolled everything back 20 years.
bilky asko

james2001 wrote: Tue 24 Jan, 2017 22.02 Morrisons are basically just starting to get to the point Safeway were at when they took them over- 13 years ago. It's still shocking how up to date Safeway were, then Morrisons took over and basically rolled everything back 20 years.
I know it's against the rose-tinted view of Safeway, but pretty much all of their branding, at the end of its life, looks ridiculously out of date now in a way that Tesco, ASDA, and Sainsbury's doesn't.

Now the Morrisons branding of the time was hardly modern, but at least it didn't have that bloody handwriting font.
Philip

I don't think anyone would expect Safeway to still be using the same branding or store design today. It's just at the time it was more modern than what Morrisons replaced it with and they're only recently catching up.