***THE OFFICIAL ALL NEW SAFEWAY THREAD***

scottishtv

JAS84 wrote:I would expect that all of the Safeway products will just be repackaged Morrisons ones? That'd be why Safeway products won't be in Morrisons stores, no point.
I'd say so, yes. The boss probably looked at their "food factories" and thought, why not repackage some of this and sell it through wholesalers? Makes sense.

I read the two articles mentioned above as one analyst lamenting the ditching of the owned-and-operated Safeway stores, and the other article referring to a few more Morrisons Daily stores at petrol station forecourts only.
JAS84

bilky asko wrote:
JAS84 wrote:I would expect that all of the Safeway products will just be repackaged Morrisons ones? That'd be why Safeway products won't be in Morrisons stores, no point.
No, because it would create an unnecessary line of products in Morrisons stores.

Seeing as Morrisons is so vertically integrated, I'd be very surprised if they didn't create new products.
Apparently you misread my post. How would it create an unnecessary line in Morrisons if the products won't be in Morrisons?
bilky asko

JAS84 wrote:
bilky asko wrote:
No, because it would create an unnecessary line of products in Morrisons stores.

Seeing as Morrisons is so vertically integrated, I'd be very surprised if they didn't create new products.
Apparently you misread my post. How would it create an unnecessary line in Morrisons if the products won't be in Morrisons?
It appears you misunderstood my post. Safeway products wouldn't appear in Morrisons not because they'd be duplicates, but because they would be an unnecessary extra tier to their range.
ph2o

How the new brand will look... shame it's not the original logo. Image
Alexia

That's going to go down well in ..... certain places.
gottago

Surely the flag's just for the cheese?
simonipswich1

BREXIT cheese!
james2001

That will be Farage's new brand of choice... when he's actually over here and not in America brown-nosing Trump.
Alexia

Fromage Farage?
scottishtv

I think james2001 was referring to Frottage Farage.
rdobbie

ph2o wrote:How the new brand will look... shame it's not the original logo.
Good grief, how crap. If you're bringing back a brand that you own the rights to, what's the point in replacing the logo with something so bland and generic?

Here's how it could have looked: