Baffling local news stories

tillyoshea

bilky asko wrote:That has to be one of the best articles in this thread.
Definitely! I think it's my favourite so far! Person Orders jumpers to collect on Wednesday, collects them on Wednesday. It's an OUTRAGE! :lol: They've even got a follow-up story about the comments left on the original article!
Pete

Is this the Nuneaton Asda that Kay was spotted doing her shopping in during Ison's report on Midland's Today?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
nidave

Furious mum complains to Tesco after alphabet potato shapes did not spell out son's name

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1494 ... on_s_name/

I bet all the new bags will come with...
WARNING: letters are selected randomly, not guaranteed to contain every letter in the alphabet.
scottishtv

nidave wrote:Furious mum complains to Tesco after alphabet potato shapes did not spell out son's name
Her "eagle-eyed" son noticed that ICGAN did not spell LOGAN.
And to think some are critical of British educational standards...
Nick Harvey
God

I get the impression that the son was a hell of a lot more intelligent than the mother.

Just look at the picture in the article. There's a Q in there, which she obviously wasn't clever enough to cut the tail off.
scottishtv

Nick Harvey wrote:Just look at the picture in the article. There's a Q in there, which she obviously wasn't clever enough to cut the tail off.
Ahhhh! I think you're on to something here. Not quite as effective, but she could've turned the T upside down, chopped a wing off, and presented him with a slightly more convincing L. I think she should downgrade to mashtags for a while.
Alexia

cwathen

nidave wrote:I bet all the new bags will come with...
WARNING: letters are selected randomly, not guaranteed to contain every letter in the alphabet.
They already did, but such a warning is 'pointless' apparently...
"Apparently it does say on the packet that not all of the letters are in there, but again I don't see the point in that."
scottishtv

A late entry for photo caption of the year:
Pensioner impresses with eye-catching display in Fife garden
bilky asko

Lives at Yew Tree Gardens...