Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

Oh look. Some letters / words in a circle. Not seen that before.
martindtanderson

Found a clearer image of the new logo. It hasn't been signed off yet, but it is expected to be. The new brand comes first, then the new business re-org next year.

dosxuk

Please tell me the source for that image is the mock forum...
AxG

dosxuk wrote:Please tell me the source for that image is the mock forum...
Afraid not ... Intellectual Property Office, there is also a monochrome version with slightly different 'BT' text.

Also trade marks for 'BT BE THERE', 'Be There. BT' and 'BT. THE HEART OF SPORT'
bilky asko

Preview of their new idents:

Whataday

Has it been mentioned that Homebase is not only mimicking Asda's pricing model of having permanently low prices rather than having sales, they've blatantly ripped off their slogan (which was originally Walmart's I believe)?

scottishtv

Whataday wrote:Has it been mentioned that Homebase is not only mimicking Asda's pricing model of having permanently low prices rather than having sales, they've blatantly ripped off their slogan (which was originally Walmart's I believe)?
I'm not sure they've really implemented the model though, as the prices don't appear to be any/much cheaper at all. If Wesfarmers want to change the direction of Homebase to that of Bunnings - a more stack high, sell low, warehousey outfit - then it will take more than changing the slogan and filling the stores with awful hand-written POS.

They should go for the full rebrand asap as I don't think customers will ever really believe that Homebase is a low price store - after decades of it never positioning itself as that. Was weird to go into one last week and see electric mock wood-burning stoves piled high, and mountains of plastic storage boxes littered all over the store randomly. Yet nothing seemed particularly good value at all.
Alexia

Plus that slogan is incredibly generic and if anyone had asked me in the street to attach it to a specific brand I wouldn't have been able to do it offhand, unlike "I'm lovin' it", "Should've gone to..." etc.
Whataday

It's generic, but to display it in the same typeface and colour, and the fact that their marketing boss is ex-Asda - it's a bit much.

Incidentally, and coincidentally Asda used the slogan Permanently Low Prices before Walmart took over. Walmart had been using Always Low Prices for a good ten years previously.
woah

Central England Co-operative seem to be ploughing through a lot of store refurbishments at the moment, but it seems such a waste that they're doing them all using the older branding when the newer branding is A) on all the product packaging and B) way better. I do hope they change their mind!
WillPS

There doesn't seem to be any movement from the other societies at all. Many of them kept the cloverleaf logo a good while after the group dropped it, though (and of course there are a couple still using it!).