Another High Street Rebrand

DJDave

They need Crockett's theme on that advert :lol:
Philip

I didn't realise they were originally cubes. Very, very nice update. Even the typography. I love it!
bbcnewsfix

thegeek wrote:Image

I think the only standalone M&S Food to Go I've seen before is the tiny one in Baker Street station - this seems to be a similar deal: it's basically M&S's take on a Pret, except the sandwiches are probably made some way away. They do barista coffee too.
Searched up and it seems there is a Food to go at Newcastle Airport's Arrivals Image
The one at Gatwick's South Arrivals is a big food store and I believe its just been extended bigger and is named Foodhall instead
tillyoshea

The Newcastle Airport one is run by SSP. I was quite surprised when it opened that M&S would be up for franchising out their brand like that - doesn't strike me as a very "M&S" thing to do, but maybe the same is true of some of their other travel locations too?
Pete

Most travel M&Ss are franchises. BP, Moto etc.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
tillyoshea

Pete wrote:Most travel M&Ss are franchises. BP, Moto etc.
Thanks! Today I learned... :)
WillPS

tillyoshea wrote:The Newcastle Airport one is run by SSP. I was quite surprised when it opened that M&S would be up for franchising out their brand like that - doesn't strike me as a very "M&S" thing to do, but maybe the same is true of some of their other travel locations too?
Ditto for Waitrose, but I presume their WelcomeBreak sites are exactly that?
Jovis

WillPS wrote:
tillyoshea wrote:The Newcastle Airport one is run by SSP. I was quite surprised when it opened that M&S would be up for franchising out their brand like that - doesn't strike me as a very "M&S" thing to do, but maybe the same is true of some of their other travel locations too?
Ditto for Waitrose, but I presume their WelcomeBreak sites are exactly that?
They are, but all non-management staff are Partners in John Lewis. Above that, they fall under Welcome Break.
martindtanderson

Apparently BT are close to releasing a new Logo, according to CreativeBloq and the Financial Times...

Philip

Ooh that looks bland. Will be a shame if they ditch their unique typeface.
martindtanderson

Philip wrote:Ooh that looks bland. Will be a shame if they ditch their unique typeface.
I would like to see it tweaked to be more distinctive. But it looks like they are using the actual BT typeface used outside of the logo.