The BIG MetroPoll - IN or OUT ?

Are you IN or OUT ?

IN
71%
OUT
29%

Total votes: 45
james2001

As a Labour member, I think this whole thing is a farce (and I will be voting against Corbyn).
Square Eyes

So the best that Labour can come up with is Angela Eagle. She failed in her own bid for deputy leader 10 months ago and her constituency party support Corbyn.
barcode

Its been reported there need someone who didn't support Iraq war because of that report coming out shortly.
robschneider

These are the last days of the Labour party.
WillPS

robschneider wrote:These are the last days of the Labour party.
People said that as Foot was on the way out. Thatcher believed it.
madmusician

WillPS wrote:
The question is, though, will there be another Blair who can reposition the party as one for the people, rather than just a lefty protest party?

What British politics is missing right now is a centrist party - I know I'd vote for one like a shot. (Well, I did last time, but they were completely wiped out...)
WillPS

madmusician wrote:
WillPS wrote:
The question is, though, will there be another Blair who can reposition the party as one for the people, rather than just a lefty protest party?

What British politics is missing right now is a centrist party - I know I'd vote for one like a shot. (Well, I did last time, but they were completely wiped out...)
Don't count out the Lib Dems. I expect them to recover many of the seats they lost to the Tories last time - especially if they effectively communicate their pro EU message and the Tories stick to 'no way back'.

I don't for a moment pretend I'm a one man barometer of these things (possibly the contrary on experience actually) but that said I know I feel ready to consider them again (I campaigned for them until 2010).
Philip

WillPS wrote:
madmusician wrote:
WillPS wrote: People said that as Foot was on the way out. Thatcher believed it.

Don't count out the Lib Dems. I expect them to recover many of the seats they lost to the Tories last time - especially if they effectively communicate their pro EU message and the Tories stick to 'no way back'.

I don't for a moment pretend I'm a one man barometer of these things (possibly the contrary on experience actually) but that said I know I feel ready to consider them again (I campaigned for them until 2010).
I hope you're right that they'll have an effective campaign. I've never felt more like a Lib Dem voter than in this past week, but it still feels like there's something dirty about the party.
bilky asko

Perhaps the idea that a party previously dedicated to electoral reform wishes to try and usurp a referendum by taking advantage of the unproportional First Past the Post system?
WillPS

bilky asko wrote:Perhaps the idea that a party previously dedicated to electoral reform wishes to try and usurp a referendum by taking advantage of the unproportional First Past the Post system?
Probably more likely to do with skanking the young tbh.
Philip

WillPS wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Perhaps the idea that a party previously dedicated to electoral reform wishes to try and usurp a referendum by taking advantage of the unproportional First Past the Post system?
Probably more likely to do with skanking the young tbh.
Yeah it's the whole tuition fees thing for me. Even though I don't mind the current system for various reasons, it still leaves a bad taste.

I am not one to say whether the Lib Dem stance on the EU result is credible or not - I just know that I feel more than ever a Lib Dem than any other political party. I don't agree 100% with everything but who does when supporting a political party.