The Banned message on DS

B3 REV

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit rude to tell you youre banned without any warning and make you clear your cookies to view the website?
wells

I've got a feeling you're going to get a feeling of Déjà vu.
JAS84

That's odd. Shouldn't banning only affect the forum? Being banned there shouldn't stop you reading the main website.
Martin Phillp

As another banned DS member, it's only the forums you can't access without clearing cookies.
TVF's London Lite.
robschneider

I'm also banned from DS, for absolutely no reason.

You can see the site, but yes you have to clear your cookies to view the forums.

Very odd, and inconsistent, moderation policies over there though.
woah

robschneider wrote:I'm also banned from DS, for absolutely no reason.

You can see the site, but yes you have to clear your cookies to view the forums.

I assume that's the same "absolutely no reason" that got you banned from TVF?
dosxuk

robschneider wrote:Very odd, and inconsistent, moderation policies over there though.
I thought that was one of their selling points. Nobody ever seriously joined DS expecting fair and balanced moderation surely?!

Wonder what happened to Beth?
james2001

Suprise you don't have multiple dormant accounts on there ready to spring into life as soon as one gets banned. Most people who get banned seem to do that...
robschneider

woah wrote:
robschneider wrote:I'm also banned from DS, for absolutely no reason.

I assume that's the same "absolutely no reason" that got you banned from TVF?
No that's Charlie Wells being protectionist over the new Top Gear. He's about as much use as Beth Hart.
robschneider

james2001 wrote:Suprise you don't have multiple dormant accounts on there ready to spring into life as soon as one gets banned. Most people who get banned seem to do that...
Tried that - even by registering on different IP addresses - but they still manage to pick up on it.
Martin Phillp

dosxuk wrote:
robschneider wrote:Very odd, and inconsistent, moderation policies over there though.
I thought that was one of their selling points. Nobody ever seriously joined DS expecting fair and balanced moderation surely?!
It got a lot worse after the magazine company took over the site. Anything critical of the company, the way the site was being moderated or criticism of the dumbed down editorial would get your card marked.
TVF's London Lite.