High Street chain collapse sweepstake

gottago

I've never heard of Store Twenty One. Were they regional?

After all the My Local woes reported on here when they started out, surprisingly my friend says his nearest one is far better than it was as a Morrisons. Much better prices and food choice he claims. It seems to really differ from shop to shop.
thegeek

meanwhile my local Morissons Local is still an empty unit. I wonder who's paying the rent on that?
simonipswich1

Not surprised about My Local, I went in shortly after it changed and was not impressed with the products or the prices and have not been in since. Shame as I liked the Morrisons Local and used it weekly.
Martin Phillp

gottago wrote:I've never heard of Store Twenty One. Were they regional?
Going by their store finder, they have stores in England, Wales and Scotland.

http://www.storetwentyone.co.uk/storefinder
TVF's London Lite.
wells

Think of them as sort of shop you get in Peacocks type towns. But with an attempt at a trendier brand.
Alexia

They're ok. Usual cheap homeware tat as found in Dunelm or the Range. More pointless duplication on the high street.
Finn

Alexia wrote: More pointless duplication on the high street.
Isn't that what's supposed to be known as competition?
bilky asko

gottago wrote:I've never heard of Store Twenty One. Were they regional?

After all the My Local woes reported on here when they started out, surprisingly my friend says his nearest one is far better than it was as a Morrisons. Much better prices and food choice he claims. It seems to really differ from shop to shop.
It depends really. The convenience stuff (small bottled drinks, for example) is ranged better - it's the cheapest place I've seen 7up Mojito - but they dropped the salad bar after feeble attempts at it and the hot counter is abysmal.
Alexia

Neil DG wrote:
Alexia wrote: More pointless duplication on the high street.
Isn't that what's supposed to be known as competition?
To compete you have to offer something different - i.e. better, cheaper, more unique / noteable / characterful.... but there's only so many whitewashed plaster starfish you can sell.
DJDave

wells wrote:Think of them as sort of shop you get in Peacocks type towns. But with an attempt at a trendier brand.
Bit rude, I wouldn't say Store Twenty One is trendier then Peacocks, their stores are a dive and the clothes look like tat.

I'm not shocked about My Local or Store Twenty One going into administration at all really.
JAS84

tillyoshea wrote:In an outcome that will surprise no-one, the buyer of all those Morrisons Local stores appears to be in trouble: My Local collapse set to add to high street woes
Paywalled site. Please don't link to The Times.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... e-collapse