Independent newspaper closes down

woah

It comes across as a weird blend of a trashy women's magazine and a normal newspaper. What made them think there was a market for that?
Andrew

It basically gave you a top level summary of the news like the Metro.

The problem being that the Metro is free, and this wasn't.
Martin Phillp

The layout and editorial of the Metro is so much better as well.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Martin Phillp wrote:The layout and editorial of the Metro is so much better as well.
This must have been very poor indeed.
IdentFan2016

You might send real-life characters, James Bond and Sherlock Holmes, round to investigate.
Sherlock Holmes
Pete

IdentFan2016 wrote:You might send real-life characters, James Bond and Sherlock Holmes, round to investigate.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

Pete wrote:
IdentFan2016 wrote:You might send real-life characters, James Bond and Sherlock Holmes, round to investigate.
It might have sold if it had pictures like that in it.
Alexia

I've just noticed the buffet car is the other way around in that picture. The seating in that coach must have been standard class / restaurant car in those days.
DTV

Out of interest, have the Guardian's readership figures received a boost since the Indie shut down? I'd imagine it'd be the second home for many Indies readers and the Indie closing was definitely something the Guardian have been wishing for given their own ever decreasing readership.
Martin Phillp

The i Paper is now distributed in NI again as of May 9th after the title is now being published using one of Johnston's printing presses over there.
TVF's London Lite.
Whataday

DTV wrote:Out of interest, have the Guardian's readership figures received a boost since the Indie shut down? I'd imagine it'd be the second home for many Indies readers and the Indie closing was definitely something the Guardian have been wishing for given their own ever decreasing readership.

There has been a small increase in circulation for The Guardian, but a larger increase for The Times surprisingly enough.