The Media.info News and Infomation board

robschneider

Alexia wrote:
robschneider wrote:He's just so spectacularly out of touch with the real world. He must be mentally ill. That's not the musings of a normal person!
I've never posted videos of me ranting about Fox News, clearly pissed, in the dead of night.

Either he's on the spectrum or has a bit of a booze problem from what I've seen online. The thing is, I can't take someone seriously who invites people to listen into his CR show to demonitrate "How it should be done" only for that show to be such a shower of shit RadioToday's snoop feature on their weekly mailshot ripped an entire telescope aircheck to shreds.

It's people like Ian who give CR a bad name. For every HFM, MKFM or the now-defunct SuperStation Orkney, there's a The Source FM. (Why not Source FM or The Source?)
thegeek

robschneider wrote:the now-defunct SuperStation Orkney
Maybe one for another thread, but when I was in Orkney in 2013, SuperStation appeared to be nothing but a jukebox with IRN. At least SIBC managed local news!
Martin Phillp

007 said.
Everything I say is based on first hand experience, and observation. And in relating that to discussions, I keep it within the broadcasting industry.

I feel you're going into territory that belongs to conspiracy theorists, not rational people. I would say 'step away from the conspiracy theories', it doesn't present you very well.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

Cityprod's latest moronic diatribe about Chris Moyles. As mentioned on the TVF thread, I think he's trolling.

https://media.info/radio/discussions/ra ... iva-awards
TVF's London Lite.
DTV

Martin Phillp wrote:007 said.
Everything I say is based on first hand experience, and observation. And in relating that to discussions, I keep it within the broadcasting industry.

I feel you're going into territory that belongs to conspiracy theorists, not rational people. I would say 'step away from the conspiracy theories', it doesn't present you very well.
Comparing people to conspiracy theorists seems to be a go to 'you don't agree with me' for him - he's just said that only a conspiracy theorist would take the evidence that the same graphics team probably worked on both C4Daily and The Day Today as evidence that the latter was influenced by the former.
robschneider

It's an attitude of "I don't like it so neither should you!"
Martin Phillp

DVDfever said.
Chris Moyles is and always has been an unfunny asshat.
That's why discussing radio on a forum is a joke.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

Time for me to get banned from that forum. No time for trolling tosspots like Bond.

https://media.info/radio/discussions/ra ... 385#latest
TVF's London Lite.
TopCat
Banned for one week

Ian Beaumont11 minutes ago

Just because I hold a different opinion to you, doesn't mean I'm trolling you or anyone.
You're not the first person who thought I might have Aspergers or another syndrome on the autism spectrum, but I have been tested and the results came back negative.
robschneider

Seems to have been removed, what did you say dude?
jamescridland

Martin was a very naughty boy, and the silent delete button came out... ;)

This is an interesting read, ta. I think most forums are suffering, and become echo-chambers with the same people. I wish I could get Ian Beaumont to go away: I think he damages the forum.

I'd like, very much, for the forums to be used more, since it adds a human element to a website which is mostly a directory, jobs and news aggregation. The forums currently account for 2.59% of total traffic; even though the software behind them is pretty good. (I'd like to also add reply-by-email, but find it hard to justify spending time on the forum software currently, of course).

Back in the old Media UK days, the original forum was, as some have said here, a bitchfest. I'm not sure that helps anyone: but I'd certainly like more discussions about where radio's headed rather than just a place to bitch about Global. Discussions - when they get started - are pretty good with some good involvement: but the difficulty is getting someone to post an original topic starter, or to post a beginning comment on a news story. I wish I could get that to happen more.

All feedback is gratefully received.