TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

dosxuk wrote:If at first you don't succeed...

After failing to get backing for massive increases in news output on channel 3 and channel 4, thejules has moved on to channel 5.

What comes next? Sky One? BBC Three? Local TV?
Some pie in the sky figures too.
TVF's London Lite.
Schwing

After failing to get backing for massive increases in news output on channel 3 and channel 4, thejules has moved on to channel 5.

This is why I'm not bothering with the site anymore. It's being hijacked by newbies and fanboys with little or no debate.
Martin Phillp

Schwing wrote:

This is why I'm not bothering with the site anymore. It's being hijacked by newbies and fanboys with little or no debate.
The recent issues at DS have helped either which have attracted some of their users to sign-up.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Avoid The Newsroom, avoid The Gallery, avoid being banned by Asa for something you had literally fuck all to with, and it's alright.
Schwing

WillPS wrote:Avoid The Newsroom, avoid The Gallery, avoid being banned by Asa for something you had literally fuck all to with, and it's alright.
Whatever are you suggesting...?
Martin Phillp

'thejules' is nothing more than a teenage troll going by this latest crap posted.
Who says u can't have Big Breakfast News LOL with celebrity tabloid News from da House...or a more upmarket show as long as the Channel provides an alternative.
TVF's London Lite.
Schwing

Martin Phillp wrote:'thejules' is nothing more than a teenage troll going by this latest crap posted.
Who says u can't have Big Breakfast News LOL with celebrity tabloid News from da House...or a more upmarket show as long as the Channel provides an alternative.
Had a quick look over the site. His comments are bloody everywhere! Apparently the 'Scottish Six' will warrant something comparable from STV and ITV News (anchored, of course, by Tom McBradby).

Kudos for your Ali G reply. Strangely, it was the first thing that popped into my mind. I'm fully expecting a new thread to appear shortly asking if L!VE TV should be resurrected. News Bunny will really give Tom Bradby a run for his money...
WillPS

Schwing wrote:
WillPS wrote:Avoid The Newsroom, avoid The Gallery, avoid being banned by Asa for something you had literally fuck all to with, and it's alright.
Whatever are you suggesting...?
There were (probably are still) loads of bugs in Neon. One of these bugs was that any logged in member could delete somebody else's post, simply by copying a link to delete one of their own posts and changing the ID portion of the request string to the relevant post ID. Since it's pretty easy to disguise a link (using bit.ly for example), it was possible to post a link which would cause a logged in user to delete somebody else's post inadvertently. You can imagine the fun an unofficial spin off chat room (of an official spin off of) a forum with this issue might have with that.

One day, Asa posted an announcement on the board. A member of both TV Forum and ChatPS put that post's ID inside a delete post request link (as described before) and hid it using a service like bit.ly. David clicked the link and then realised what he had completely inadvertently done. I was logged in to ChatPS (and showing as such on the active users indicator on the homepage), as was David. He was banned from TV Forum, as was I. The member who placed the trap had chosen to omit themselves from appearing online, so wasn't banned. I wasn't even actually at home when the thing bloody happened.

This was not long after I bought a domain he'd allowed to lapse for a laugh (and redirected to ChatPS) - which he reacted to by 'permanently' banning me, calling me "deeply creepy" amongst other things and threatened to take the matter to Nominet. It was all rather disproportionate.

So to answer your question, I'm suggesting Asa's a right dick. Which is a shame, as he seems to have found himself at the top of a forum with some properly interesting stuff on it.
rob

thejules has gone. Thank fuck for that...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Schwing

rob wrote:thejules has gone. Thank fuck for that...
Really? When did this happen?
rob

Schwing wrote:
rob wrote:thejules has gone. Thank fuck for that...
Really? When did this happen?
Must have been last night...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am