Yet another Morrisons thread

Martin Phillp

bilky asko wrote:Just what Scarborough needs - yet another Nisa supplied store. 11 in a 5 mile radius is just too few.
There don't appear to be too many Nisa franchised stores in my part of London. Nearest one is a 2 mile walk away.

Compared to Costcutter and Londis, Nisa currently don't have as much of an impact here, although My Local will boost their presence.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Just what Scarborough needs - yet another Nisa supplied store. 11 in a 5 mile radius is just too few.
There don't appear to be too many Nisa franchised stores in my part of London. Nearest one is a 2 mile walk away.

Compared to Costcutter and Londis, Nisa currently don't have as much of an impact here, although My Local will boost their presence.
Indeed - the original name for Nisa was the Northern Independent Supermarkets Association, so that is perhaps an explanation. Nisa own Costcutter, incidentally
JAS84

Martin Phillp wrote:The new logo for the rebranded M Local's.

My Local have signed a distribution deal with Nisa.

http://www.retail-week.com/sectors/food ... 99.article
Well, that'll save money on signage, as they just have to replace the M. And they can get away with keeping the oval holding shape because Morrisons are getting rid of it anyway.
WillPS

bilky asko wrote: Nisa own Costcutter, incidentally
Not true. CostCutter relied on Nisa's supply chain (including the 'Heritage' own brand) until 2013, when they switched to P&H (who supply the own brand "Independent"). The move was not universally popular among the CostCutter franchisees, a fair few of which have switched (back) to Nisa.

CostCutter is a brand of Bibby Retail, along with Kwik Save and Mace.
bilky asko

WillPS wrote:
bilky asko wrote: Nisa own Costcutter, incidentally
Not true. CostCutter relied on Nisa's supply chain (including the 'Heritage' own brand) until 2013, when they switched to P&H (who supply the own brand "Independent"). The move was not universally popular among the CostCutter franchisees, a fair few of which have switched (back) to Nisa.

CostCutter is a brand of Bibby Retail, along with Kwik Save and Mace.
I blame my inaccuracy on the Wikipedia article being inaccurate and out of date.
bilky asko

I tried the new Morrisons NCR self-service tills over the weekend. They look very nice, and the note acceptor is nice and fast. The voice is a new one on me too.

The audio does suffer from a lot of distortion if you put it on a volume above 3 (which seems reminiscent of the generation before last), and I do lament the loss of the coin conveyor belt and the ability for the machine to take multiple notes at a time.
jonathan

I have also experienced the new NCR checkouts and it was a vastly superior experience compared to the previous machines. The queues at all checkouts seemed shorter - nothing scientific of course but I expect the new machines will have made a difference. I won't be affected by the coin/note changes as I pay by card 99% of the time when available.
Martin Phillp

It's not going well for My Local's first day as they couldn't negotiate a deal with Morrisons for the existing stock.

http://www.betterretailing.com/morrison ... y-shelves/
TVF's London Lite.
simonipswich

I wondered what was going on the other day, went in on Thursday and the shelves were stripped, hardly any Morrison's products on the shelves at all, then yesterday when I came past, they were stripping the store of stock, little trolleys and baskets etc.
simonipswich

Paid my first visit to My Local this evening... not impressed at all. Shelves still empty, about one third of the store. The branded products have jumped up in price; the own brand Nisa products leave an awful lot to be desired. I mentioned to one of the staff on the till about the product range now and he said it was terrible, people have been complaining during the week as they are confused as the store colours, layout etc is still very much Morrison's Local but the products aren't. He said he reckons that the branch will be gone within 12 months with Tesco Express across the road, he also said people were parking in the car park and walking over to Tesco Express (they don't have a car park).
JAS84

Going to be another Fresh Xpress then, eh? That only lasted a few months after rising from the ashes of the original Kwik Save.