Moyles for XFM?

The forum discussing radio
Philip

What happens after tonight, then? Non-stop music and Radio X trails until 21st?
Martin Phillp

Philip wrote:What happens after tonight, then? Non-stop music and Radio X trails until 21st?
That's right. There's already an annoying voice over saying "Ray-deo - Ex"
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

I dragged the Pure Move I use to listen to 6music occasionally when I'm out and about at weekends out of its glovebox graveyard to tune in. I replaced the digital radio in my car with the factory fitted one (which can do Bluetooth) back in June, after XFM disappeared in Yorkshire. DAB for me had gone from having 5 stations of interest (6music, Absolute, Kerrang, XFM and TeamRock) to having 2 - and in the case of 6music only at weekends when I'm less likely to be driving.

Thoughts:
- fucking mono.
- stopping programming a week short of a launch is an odd choice, especially as they're still carrying advertising - who wants to pay to advertise on a station which is just playing songs and plugging next week? It feels like they would rather kill XFM dead than let it evolve.
- on the dial, it appears as Radio X. Near Birmingham, this is right next to a "Radio XL" which I presumed incorrectly was some sort of spin off. I don't know if this will cause problems. It also means the station is buried amongst all the 'Radio' named stations, whereas XFM was always easy to find in an alphabetical list.

The whole thing feels very safe. It'll probably outperform XFM, but I don't think this is the service that'll make me want to go to Halfords and get another DAB stereo. I'll probably listen on Monday morning, then power off the Pure Move and return to my Spotify playlists. Give it another go when Sound Digital launches, I guess.
WillPS

Moyles was surprisingly pretty good this morning. Commercial radio though, Jesus.
Philip

WillPS wrote:Moyles was surprisingly pretty good this morning. Commercial radio though, Jesus.
Did you find the adverts that intolerable? It didn't feel too bad to me, but I didn't get to hear it all.
WillPS

Philip wrote:
WillPS wrote:Moyles was surprisingly pretty good this morning. Commercial radio though, Jesus.
Did you find the adverts that intolerable? It didn't feel too bad to me, but I didn't get to hear it all.
Yeah pretty bad. But then for the last few months I've been used to only whatever adverts YouTube or Audioboom give me.

I also didn't have another preset to move to (which is what I did when I had a proper DAB radio).