The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote:
bilky asko wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:Is pricing done at the store level as I was overcharged this week?

Morrisons confirmed to me on social media that the product was 18p, but the self-checkout had it at 35p.
Morrisons pricing was always set at a national level, excepting Morrisons Local (for offers only, I think?) and Morrisons Gibraltar. What was the item, may I ask?
M Shopper Jotter.
It appears to be 35p online. Maybe they do an M Savers version?
Sput

I went to a co-op the other day and used a self-service checkout. Much like the staff, it was very slow and gave a "SYSTEM PROCESSING" before for about five seconds before setting about giving me my change.
Knight knight
woah

Sput wrote:I went to a co-op the other day and used a self-service checkout. Much like the staff, it was very slow and gave a "SYSTEM PROCESSING" before for about five seconds before setting about giving me my change.
Was it Wincor-Nixdorf or IBM? The IBM ones I've used are very clunky, and have an curious habit of shouting out the price of everything you scan at full volume.
Martin Phillp

The self checkout's at my local Co-op are Wincor-Nixdorf. Like Morrisons, they suffer from ultra sensitive scales and are slow going between screens and during scanning.

Their POS tills are very good though and can even do PayPoint transactions without the yellow terminal.
TVF's London Lite.
Pete

The Yellow terminal has been canned everywhere has it not? Certainly Spar got rid of them a few years back and PayPoint is now part of the POS software.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

Pete wrote:The Yellow terminal has been canned everywhere has it not? Certainly Spar got rid of them a few years back and PayPoint is now part of the POS software.
The independent retailers still use the yellow terminal, even those which use a computerised POS. My local Co-op was still using it until last year.
TVF's London Lite.
Pete

I suppose once its integrated into the standard POS software such as Booker's then it would help get rid.

Suppose with Spar / Co-op ditching them there'll be a glut of spare parts.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

Pete wrote:
Suppose with Spar / Co-op ditching them there'll be a glut of spare parts.
My local newsagent's terminal goes down on a regular basis and still hasn't got a replacement bar code scanner.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

My local Sainsburys has finally got wifi installed. No idea who's providing their service, but I had no problem accessing websites and media streams with routers on the ceiling.
TVF's London Lite.
Alexia

Martin Phillp wrote:My local Sainsburys has finally got wifi installed. No idea who's providing their service, but I had no problem accessing websites and media streams with routers on the ceiling.
Is this what the world's coming to? Can you not do a weekly shop without being detached from your phone for five minutes?
Nick Harvey
God

Alexia wrote:Is this what the world's coming to? Can you not do a weekly shop without being detached from your phone for five minutes?
Funnily enough, I hooked onto O2 WiFi yesterday in a MacDonalds and, in the process, found out where else their service is available.

It seemed logical to have WiFi when you're sitting down having a burger. They're also in Subway (similarly logical), and Costa (ditto, but I won't be going there, see previous posts).

They're also in B&Q, however! I think Alexia's comment applies!