Yet another Morrisons thread

nwtv2003

I ordered my card online, I got that and two key fobs sent with it in the post.

Anyone else used Morrisons.com by the way? I was pleasantly surprised of how good it was, the driver came 1 minute after the hour timeslot and got my delivery free which was good.
steve
AJ

I picked up a temporary card yesterday, and keep getting "200 More Points when you spend £1" vouchers spat out at me at the till.

Baffling thing is how you need to get a member of staff to scan the voucher for you at the self service till.
WillPS

The whole system is a bit shite. Did you notice the "please scan your Match & More screen" actually depicts one of the trial Morrisons More cards?

I do like the way Morrisons describe you as having "loads of time" to move your Miles points over. The drop-dead date is the last day of November *this year* - as in little more than a month since Match and More went live. I can see many being caught out by that.
bilky asko

AJ wrote:Baffling thing is how you need to get a member of staff to scan the voucher for you at the self service till.
You do also get a 1p discount on your shop for the inconvenience (it seems that they couldn't implement a £0.00 coupon for whatever reason).
WillPS

https://twitter.com/Retailathlete/statu ... 0911513600

Pathetic that even with a loyalty card (which you are obliged to use to participate) they still insist on printing different coloured of sheets which you have to retain in a paper wallet and then queue up to exchange for a voucher.
bilky asko

WillPS wrote:https://twitter.com/Retailathlete/statu ... 0911513600

Pathetic that even with a loyalty card (which you are obliged to use to participate) they still insist on printing different coloured of sheets which you have to retain in a paper wallet and then queue up to exchange for a voucher.
It's the same system as last year then, except you have to use the Match & More card to take part. I suppose it saves on ink, considering the amount of catalinas that ended up in and around the bins last year (and, primarily, cuts down on people taking part).
WillPS

bilky asko wrote:

It's the same system as last year then, except you have to use the Match & More card to take part. I suppose it saves on ink, considering the amount of catalinas that ended up in and around the bins last year (and, primarily, cuts down on people taking part).
My point is that the catalina vouchers are still needed - which is insanity. Catalina should just automatically print a £25 voucher on the 6th £40 shop.
bilky asko

WillPS wrote:
bilky asko wrote:

My point is that the catalina vouchers are still needed - which is insanity. Catalina should just automatically print a £25 voucher on the 6th £40 shop.
You'd still need the intervening catalinas to track your progress (you're going to be very pissed off if you don't get the final voucher because you unwittingly missed a week), and the fully automated system would prevent people swapping vouchers to make up missing weeks (though this may be prevented this time round in any case).

I suspect, however, that the scheme will be updated for next year for automatic voucher printing during the final week (perhaps they didn't have time to implement it this year?).
WillPS

You're possibly right. Seems ridculously clunky given how streamlined promotions like Tesco Fuel Save are.

Would definitely be much easier to have a summary on the bottom of your receipt in weeks 1-5; although that said Morrisons receipts are already rediculously long with the Match & More summary.
jonathan

bilky asko wrote:
AJ wrote:Baffling thing is how you need to get a member of staff to scan the voucher for you at the self service till.
You do also get a 1p discount on your shop for the inconvenience (it seems that they couldn't implement a £0.00 coupon for whatever reason).
Sainsbury's has the same issue with some coupons.
Martin Phillp

I received my Match & More card with two key fobs today.

However they also sent me some More points boost vouchers. Considering how frustrating it is to use coupons at the self service checkout, I'll have to go back to using manned checkouts when exchanging these.
TVF's London Lite.