The *OFFICIAL* Asda thread

tweedledum

They still havent got rid of all the stuff with the now very old logo.
scottishtv

JAS84 wrote:White and ORANGE? Funny, this got posted on the Logopedia wiki, and there's no orange in sight.
Phil did refer to the packaging, not just the logo.

Looking at the excellent retail Twitter account of @dresserman, you can see he got a good pic of the new pizza packaging. Credit etc to Steve Dresser for the pic etc.
thegeek

Interesting tactic to make it look just like Sainsbury's.

Asda.com still has the old branding:

and, as has been pointed out, some of the previous branding lives on:

I can't find any of the 'Great Value' branded stuff online. (It was on things like bulk packs of batteries in the seasonal aisle)
Pete

Worth mentioning that when thegeek posted that image earlier today it had the old logo.

but yes, it just is a blatant rip off of the Sainsburys stuff
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Bulk packs is where I remember seeing "great value" before.

EDIT: I might be getting confused with 'BIG saver' (equivalent to Sainsbury's "bigger pack better value" and Lidl's "XXL").
Whataday

WillPS wrote:Bulk packs is where I remember seeing "great value" before.

EDIT: I might be getting confused with 'BIG saver' (equivalent to Sainsbury's "bigger pack better value" and Lidl's "XXL").
I can only remember seeing 'great value' on things like baking products and slightly obscure food items (I seem to remember seeing it on a packet of stuffing before)
Pete

all new Phil

Some rather fabulous new-style POS on display when I went to Asda today. It replaces all of the horrible handwriting-font stuff with something much neater. Lots of aisle-end stuff, as well as shelf-edge barkers. Still using the horrible price labels with the naff yellow plastic covers over some of them but hopefully these are to be replaced too.
bilky asko

I used ASDA's Scan and Go system yesterday. After overcoming the embarrassment of being told that you can't register yourself at the touch screen, I was promptly registered onto the system, and was told to use the touch screen, to enter my phone number, with my knuckle.

During my shop, I scanned two bottles of 7Up Free, which appeared to be half price at 57p (though there was no indication of this on the SEL, it' was half the usual price). However, the scanner scanned the items at 58p. Not wanting to queue at the customer service desk for the sake of 2 pence, I bought the items at that price and didn't quibble.

Is the Scan and Go system a separate system that rounds half-pence up instead of down when doing half price operations? Are such monumental errors common with ASDA's Scan and Go?
Pete

I've noticed sometimes things scan as more expensive on the Tesco handsets but then are correct once transmitted to the till.
bilky asko

Pete wrote:I've noticed sometimes things scan as more expensive on the Tesco handsets but then are correct once transmitted to the till.
I didn't think to check - I'll dig out my receipt and see.

EDIT: I have done so, and the price was indeed correct once the item was paid for. I'll put the extra 2p in my savings account.