TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

DTV

This has made me laugh
DanielK wrote:For 'election nights' I usually stick to Sky or ITV because of the 'cool factor' of their presentation
westy 2

all new Phil wrote:Don't you understand how something like that is neither important, nor interesting?
I'm fed up with the fact that the mods seem to jump on every indiscretion.

You can't do banter.

You can't refer to newspapers, in case it invades privacy, despite the paper reporting it themselves.

You've got the wannabe moderators as well!

It was never like this years ago.

Has Asa been 'got at ' legally & is now having to tread carefully?
Now powered by BT Broadband!
dosxuk

westy 2 wrote:
all new Phil wrote:Don't you understand how something like that is neither important, nor interesting?
I'm fed up with the fact that the mods seem to jump on every indiscretion.

You can't do banter.

You can't refer to newspapers, in case it invades privacy, despite the paper reporting it themselves.

You've got the wannabe moderators as well!

It was never like this years ago.

Has Asa been 'got at ' legally & is now having to tread carefully?
If you hate it so much, why don't you leave?
harshy

Alice Baxter was wearing glasses the other day but why do people need to know this, they can see it for themselves, its that BBC News Fix guy he was the one that brought creepyness to a whole new level.
Steve in Pudsey

In my view, commenting that a presenter is wearing glasses isn't an appropriate post.

Commenting that the presenter introduced herself with the line "This is BBC news. I'm Martine Croxall, with glasses." is a reasonable observation of something that is outside of the norms of how the news is presented.

Perhaps it wasn't clear enough from the original post, and Asa hasn't spotted the follow up post (from somebody else) which clarified this, but I'm surprised that the original poster still has a warning flash, if it was given specifically for that post.
dosxuk

Steve in Pudsey wrote:In my view, commenting that a presenter is wearing glasses isn't an appropriate post.

Commenting that the presenter introduced herself with the line "This is BBC news. I'm Martine Croxall, with glasses." is a reasonable observation of something that is outside of the norms of how the news is presented.
That's an example of another problem which is slowly getting worse and worse - people just posting one-liners, with no introduction or explanation. If they'd started a post with "Weird TOTH there - Martine said..." then it would have been clear to everyone that it wasn't the poster making the observation about the glasses.

There's plenty of other examples of things where it takes three or four subsequent posts before others actually understand what a poster was on about. And yet, I'm looking at your barcode with your BBC arse :shock: - I still have no idea what you actually meant...
rob

DanielK's predictions of what he thinks GMB will be doing for the Referendum coverage is driving me insane...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Andrew

dosxuk wrote:
Steve in Pudsey wrote:In my view, commenting that a presenter is wearing glasses isn't an appropriate post.

That's an example of another problem which is slowly getting worse and worse - people just posting one-liners, with no introduction or explanation. If they'd started a post with "Weird TOTH there - Martine said..." then it would have been clear to everyone that it wasn't the poster making the observation about the glasses.

Probably youngsters growing up with Twitter and Facebook being always there. They think the whole internet is based around crap one line messages.
Critique

We complain about rotas but I think the Big Breakfast thread is getting pretty bad now also. On the one hand it might be seen as nice that a show that ended over ten years ago can still provoke discussion on a daily basis, but on the other hand much of the discussion is just the posting of links to YouTube videos of the programme or people recalling fond memories, to the extent that not just fantasy rotas, but entire fantasy programmes start getting discussed:
Would The Big Breakfast have done an extended show today if the show was still on air? Or would it have been business as usual?
I can imagine The BIG Breakfast going as OTT with this as they often did with other big events. Everyone in the House would be wearing kilts and sporrans. The curtains at the French windows would be replaced with the Scottish flag. There would be a bagpipe band in the garden. Someone would be challenged to eat a full Haggis in 30 seconds for a prize. And of course there'd bound to be someone doing a spoof of the "FREEDOM!!!" speech from Braveheart!
Go back a page or two and you might mistake it for the creepi-ness of the BBC News rota thread:

I think Vaughan used to have most of August off. He did 3 days with Liza before his summer break in 1999 IIRC
Not on December 12th, they hadn't, but Sharron was indeed absent at Christmas, she was ill on Christmas Eve so Denise presented, then they did the Christmas pre-records, but when they came back live on January 2nd she was still ill and didn't come back until the following Monday
Mark was very fond of Gaby, and Zoe would never measure up to her in his eyes
EDIT: Meanwhile there's a thread in the Gallery about mocks from APFS and the like and MatthewFirth is on fine form...
Also, anyone doing the SBS mocks I asked for?
DTV

Can we have a separate BBC News Channel thread for camera errors and the like because BBC News Fix and a few others are filling the presentation thread with updates of camera movements every five minutes and quite honestly it is tedious, pointless and annoying.
Martin Phillp

DTV wrote:Can we have a separate BBC News Channel thread for camera errors and the like because BBC News Fix and a few others are filling the presentation thread with updates of camera movements every five minutes and quite honestly it is tedious, pointless and annoying.
Worzel is another culprit of the camera error posts, including posting videos.
TVF's London Lite.