TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Jonny

Regardless of anything else, I don't understand how you could read that thread (the most recent thread), heck just the post immediately before yours and think 'hm, clearly what's required is an embedded video of the clip'. The majority clearly stated how disturbed and regretful they were at viewing it... in both threads.

It is publically available, you're correct, but for the minority who did wish to seek it out, there's this thing called Google they'd be more than capable of utilising.

The fact that you had 'forgotten' you had posted the exact same video 4 1/2 years ago is perhaps understandable (although given the reaction it provoked also unlikely unless you ignored the responses) but nonetheless still odd. Of all the videos and threads you choose this one, again. And you've got very recent history of repeating the exact same topics you've already posted looking to provoke reactions.

You've got form, basically.
TopCat
Banned for one week

Jonny wrote:Regardless of anything else, I don't understand how you could read that thread (the most recent thread), heck just the post immediately before yours and think 'hm, clearly what's required is an embedded video of the clip'. The majority clearly stated how disturbed and regretful they were at viewing it... in both threads.

It is publically available, you're correct, but for the minority who did wish to seek it out, there's this thing called Google they'd be more than capable of utilising.

The fact that you had 'forgotten' you had posted the exact same video 4 1/2 years ago is perhaps understandable (although given the reaction it provoked also unlikely unless you ignored the responses) but nonetheless still odd. Of all the videos and threads you choose this one, again. And you've got very recent history of repeating the exact same topics you've already posted looking to provoke reactions.

You've got form, basically.
Yes, I admit it was careless of me to do that. However the video itself didn't play automatically, so I don't really have much sympathy for the people who complained that they didn't want to watch it. The video didn't auto-start, so the people who have complained must have clicked play to watch it. The title above my post clearly indicated that this was a video of the fateful moment Cooper collapsed on stage. I removed the link in the end because of the graphic thumbnail, which might I add, was not set by me.

I'm sorry that you feel I am doing this to provoke a reaction. I'm not, but believe what you want - I posted the video because it was related to the topic which another member started.

I've been a member of The TV Forum since early '06, so I'm very familiar with the way the website works. In all the nine years of my membership, this has been the first, and hopefully last warning I will receive.
PresIdents

TopCat wrote:Yes, I admit it was careless of me to do that. However the video itself didn't play automatically, so I don't really have much sympathy for the people who complained that they didn't want to watch it. The video didn't auto-start, so the people who have complained must have clicked play to watch it. The title above my post clearly indicated that this was a video of the fateful moment Cooper collapsed on stage. I removed the link in the end because of the graphic thumbnail, which might I add, was not set by me.

I'm sorry that you feel I am doing this to provoke a reaction. I'm not, but believe what you want - I posted the video because it was related to the topic which another member started.

I've been a member of The TV Forum since early '06, so I'm very familiar with the way the website works. In all the nine years of my membership, this has been the first, and hopefully last warning I will receive.
You are right - it is the choice of the viewer to see the video. However, there are many copies of that video on YT and yet out of all of the videos, you chose one with a thumbnail of Cooper collapsed on the stage. Even though it didn't play automatically, you could still see a rather disturbing image of Tommy Cooper dying on stage.

It may be related to the thread but several posts above, a member stated that the footage shouldn't be shared. It's bloody amazing how you missed (or ignored) that post.
TopCat
Banned for one week

Hi guys,

I've just posted a new topic on the notion that Television has declined in recent years. Would appreciate any input/ideas you may have.
Critique

Hi guys,

Have posted a comment in the Doctor Who thread. Would appreciate any input/ideas you may have.
Nick Harvey
God

Hi guys,

Have just scratched my right ear. Would appreciate any input/ideas you may have.
Philip

Hi guys,

I'm currently building a computer and looking for spare parts. Would appreciate any input/output you may have.
rob

Hi guys,

I'm going to have an alcoholic beverage. Would appreciate any input/ideas you may have.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
DTV

Hi guys,

I'm just sitting in a chair, would appreciate any input/ideas you may have.
PresIdents

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about taking a piss. Would appreciate any input/ideas you may have.
Alexia

Hi guys.

I can't decide what banal task I need help with. Would appreciate any input/ideas you may have.