TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Jonny

Even by TVF standards he was a very odd individual.

Edit: The same member started a topic on the same subject in 2010, including the video and subsequent warning from a mod (link to thread).

Very odd person.
Philip

Jonny wrote:Even by TVF standards he was a very odd individual.

Edit: The same member started a topic on the same subject in 2010, including the video and subsequent warning from a mod (link to thread).

Very odd person.
I should have expected that. I'd like to think he was sharing it as a matter of historical interest, in how quickly they went to break or what exactly happened, but I still don't think it's wise to post directly to it. It's obviously affected people who did watch the video that he already posted once before so it seems stupid to then go and post it again.

He's still a member on this forum so hopefully he'll explain why he posted it again.

EDIT: Just realised why I don't remember him being the one who posted it first time around, he was called 'Slingers' then.
PresIdents

Jonny wrote:The same member started a topic on the same subject in 2010, including the video and subsequent warning from a mod (link to thread).
The only reason he wanted to start the thread was because he found a high quality version of the incident. :shock:
Martin Phillp

Either TopCat or a mod removed the vid at 8.32pm.
TVF's London Lite.
PresIdents

Martin Phillp wrote:Either TopCat or a mod removed the vid at 8.32pm.
TopCat's post and all of the posts following that have been removed.

EDIT: Looks like TopCat has the "Recently Warned" tag next to his username.
Philip

Martin Phillp wrote:Either TopCat or a mod removed the vid at 8.32pm.
TopCat originally removed the video and replaced it with a message saying "Video removed due to public demand". Bail has now deleted his post and all posts in response to his.
TopCat
Banned for one week

I'm very sorry about what has happened tonight in regard of the "Live at Her Majesty's - 15th April 1984" thread. I realise that it was wrong of me to embed the video into a post, despite the video being publicly available on YouTube, and I would like to apologise for any upset I have caused.
PresIdents

TopCat wrote:I'm very sorry about what has happened tonight in regard of the "Live at Her Majesty's - 15th April 1984" thread. I realise that it was wrong of me to embed the video into a post, despite the video being publicly available on YouTube, and I would like to apologise for any upset I have caused.
The problem is that you have done this before (see Jonny's post) and yet, despite the upset and uproar on the previous thread and the current one, you posted it anyway.

I read the old thread. Surely after the rather morbid discussion afterwards, it would be common sense not to post it again?
TopCat
Banned for one week

PresIdents wrote:
TopCat wrote:I'm very sorry about what has happened tonight in regard of the "Live at Her Majesty's - 15th April 1984" thread. I realise that it was wrong of me to embed the video into a post, despite the video being publicly available on YouTube, and I would like to apologise for any upset I have caused.
The problem is that you have done this before (see Jonny's post) and yet, despite the upset and uproar on the previous thread and the current one, you posted it anyway.

I read the old thread. Surely after the rather morbid discussion afterwards, it would be common sense not to post it again?
Yes but I had completed forgotten about the thread, with it being 4 and a 1/2 years old.
PresIdents

TopCat wrote:Yes but I had completed forgotten about the thread, with it being 4 and a 1/2 years old.
Ah, but this is where common sense hops in. If you were going to post the video (which you shouldn't have, especially due to the fact that someone stated in an earlier post that it shouldn't be shared there), a warning above the video should have been included, surely?
benriggers

TopCat wrote:
PresIdents wrote:

Yes but I had completed forgotten about the thread, with it being 4 and a 1/2 years old.
You've could have searched the TV Forum archive or even checked your own posts. I do this to just to double-check I'm not repeating myself.