Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

There was a new-old-branded one at a service station on the M5 near Bridgwater / Taunton Deane not that long ago. It's now a "Great Burger Company" or such like.
WillPS

Alexia wrote:There was a new-old-branded one at a service station on the M5 near Bridgwater / Taunton Deane not that long ago. It's now a "Great Burger Company" or such like.
I think Roadchef used to have an franchise agreement with them. They also had "wimpy chicken" at Tibshelf on the M1.
Whataday

nodnirG kraM wrote:
Whataday wrote:Natwest in Cardiff has been rebranded "Natwest Cymru" with practically identical signage to before. What's that all about?
"Cymru" is Dutch for Scotland, so I guess it's to make a point that they are local and they do banking and stuff. Probably. And to distinguish themselves away from those racist porcelain pigs they used to flog.
They could have easily added the word Cymru to the existing signage. Instead they've replaced it with brand new signage which is basically the same as the previous. Great to see they're spending our money well.
Alexia

I don't bank with NatWest, so they're not spending my money.

Anyway, I posted a Google link to this Sky Sports logo on the side of the TenPin in Parc Tawe in Swansea over on TVF (have since found a Geograph pic):

The same building also has the old "Children's World" shapes still on the front where Mothercare is now,
and an extant Deep Pan Pizza Co. sign on an abandoned restaurant. Remember them? I do, they did excellent pizza.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=parc+t ... 64,,1,0.75

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 52521.html

Could all be changing soon though.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html
JAS84

The Oneon sign on the picture there is cheeky. It's the Odeon logo, just with a letter changed. :lol:
.--. .---

WillPS wrote:
Alexia wrote:There was a new-old-branded one at a service station on the M5 near Bridgwater / Taunton Deane not that long ago. It's now a "Great Burger Company" or such like.
I think Roadchef used to have an franchise agreement with them. They also had "wimpy chicken" at Tibshelf on the M1.

I haven't been in one for ages but do they still have the Big Bender, used to love snigger asking for that.

PJ
Pete

JAS84 wrote:The Oneon sign on the picture there is cheeky. It's the Odeon logo, just with a letter changed. :lol:
This seems to be a thing with architect drawings of shopping centres, blatantly using a logo but altering it slightly. It does increase the realism significantly. One of Dundee's shopping centres is planning a revamp and its plans included a sign for "Waganoodle" amongst others
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

.--. .--- wrote:
WillPS wrote:

I haven't been in one for ages but do they still have the Big Bender, used to love snigger asking for that.

PJ
Image?
thegeek

New style of NatWest advert in the press this weekend:

(meanwhile, their mortgage department still send me documents with their old Helvetica logo)
JAS84

New look for Greggs:
WillPS

Looks like something from that Jony Ive Redesigns page.