Scottish independence

barcode

barcode

Has anyone else gotten there copy of the White paper?

Im hopeful it will be able to answer me this Q:

If Alex wants to set up an oil fund: How will he replace the oil money which is currently used for general public spending? Will taxes have to go up? will Sub taxes go up or will public spending be reduced?
wells

It really annoys me how you refer to all these people by their first name as if they're your personal friend.
Critique

For the Scottish voters here, what are your views on Alex Salmond? There's something about him that I just do not like, based on the way he comes across in the Media, to me at least. I'm not going to definitively say his attitude, but it could be that, and the way he asks quite 'loaded' questions (as Pete mentioned in regards to an SNP leaflet earlier in the thread).

Personally, I have no issue with Scotland breaking away and going for independence, as I can see the UK government (note not the 'Tory London government') is doing things that fly in the face of what Scottish voters want, which could certainly be part of the reason that the conservatives have no seats in Scotland. Mr Salmond clearly uses this to his advantage with his references to the 'Tory government', which as said previously, is creating a loaded question, as he focuses specifically on the Conservatives, not the UK Parliament at Westminster as a whole. One of the only issue I have with Scottish independence (at least from what I can think of at 8am on a Monday morning), is that it will make another Conservative government in the future much more likely, as Labour loses the 40-odd seats it has in Scotland.
martindtanderson

If Scotland does become independent, I will have to decide if I should apply for citizenship, as my Grandmother (on my Father's side) is Scottish. And I could also apply for Irish citizenship, as my Mother's side of the family come from Ireland.
Gavin Scott
Admin

martindtanderson wrote:If Scotland does become independent, I will have to decide if I should apply for citizenship, as my Grandmother (on my Father's side) is Scottish.
Seems like a lot of effort in light of your earlier post.
martindtanderson wrote:It doesn't matter what the SNP want, or get. I live in London, and do not have any plans to visit or move to Scotland.
scottishtv

Mon 3rd Mar:
Ipsos MORI - Yes 29%, No 55%, Don't know 16%, Sample: 1,001.
(Of those certain to vote) - Yes, 32%, No 57%, Don't know 11%, (799 out of the 1,001 sample)
Commissioned by STV News.
More details and charts available here.
martindtanderson

Gavin Scott wrote:
martindtanderson wrote:If Scotland does become independent, I will have to decide if I should apply for citizenship, as my Grandmother (on my Father's side) is Scottish.
Seems like a lot of effort in light of your earlier post.
martindtanderson wrote:It doesn't matter what the SNP want, or get. I live in London, and do not have any plans to visit or move to Scotland.
Well of course right now it is not something I need to think about. But if it happens, I then have the option to do it. I have not decided to claim an Irish citizenship, and may not do so for Scotland. But who knows what the future holds.
Pete

ooh, apparently I become Scottish. How exciting.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alexia

As a resident at least. If you've been there for 3 years or more, you already qualify as a sports representative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andries_P ... _player%29
barcode

http://news.stv.tv/politics/268687-snp- ... marr-show/

Oh dear. Saying that during the coverage of the Scottish tory conference, points were made that, certain EU members may not like the idea of Scotland just joining, IE Spain to try and to deter its own battle with Catalonia etc.