Acquiring Metropol (possible offer)

Dillon Lawrence

Pete wrote:
dosxuk wrote:I have to say, going to an off the shelf rather than completely customised theme would make an impressive change to the aesthetics of Metropol.
Yes Metro has always had completely original themes since day one. I think any new theme would again have to be done from scratch. Also we've never really had theme by consensus here. It's more it appears out of nowhere and everyone praises the designers.

BTW there is currently 16GB of files on the upload service. Also is the backup of the TV Room included because that's another 2gb of vital data. Also what about the previous themes? There is a significant amount of high quality graphic design work in there.

I mean if I'm honest, £300 is insultingly low for a website that has been running longer than Facebook.
Maybe it is insultingly low. I did ask what Gavin wanted. It may have been running longer than Facebook but it's no longer active as it was, and I can see where improvements can be made.
Dillon Lawrence

Jonny wrote:
Dillon Lawrence wrote:OK, dosxuk. Very well. You've caught me out. Why didn't I want people to know? Well, because that would lead to people thinking less of me (or might). I certainly didn't own channelwiki though :)
One can only then question the authenticity of your other assertions and assurances though and thus the true intentions of your imminent purchase.

rip metro.
I appreciate that and can see why you think this but would you lie about your age if there was a risk people thought you were incapable of something, when you are capable?

As said, I'm in it for the long run and want to change only want people want changing. I've seen forum acquisitions go bad.
Dillon Lawrence

Out of interest, who directly owns Metropol and TV Forum as they are tied together?
Nick Harvey
God

Dillon Lawrence wrote:Out of interest, who directly owns Metropol and TV Forum as they are tied together?
You don't already know?
Dillon Lawrence

Nick Harvey wrote:
Dillon Lawrence wrote:Out of interest, who directly owns Metropol and TV Forum as they are tied together?
You don't already know?
I have a general idea of course but having been a long time reader, I've never seen such information.
wells

Dillon Lawrence wrote: I have a general idea of course
You clearly don't.
Dillon Lawrence

wells wrote:
Dillon Lawrence wrote: I have a general idea of course
You clearly don't.
I do. David owns TV Forum.
Nick Harvey
God

In that case, looking up the directorships of Mr Jaron Brass might help you.
dosxuk

Dillon Lawrence wrote:
Nick Harvey wrote:
You don't already know?
I have a general idea of course but having been a long time reader, I've never seen such information.
I'm pretty sure f-user owns a stake in TVF.
Dillon Lawrence

I thought Gavin owned it?
Dillon Lawrence

Can anyone shed any light on ownership.