Another High Street Rebrand

Nick Harvey
God

nodnirG kraM wrote:Drove past this the other day.
I like the 'Diamond Deals' sign in the window. Any relation?
Critique

JAS84 wrote:New, but not actually adopted as the company logo - the old one is still used in adverts. Someone posted about that on here last year. I think it might only be used on that one branch.
Looks like it was a trial logo for the high street stores...
james2001

Wouldn't be the first time a logo's been introduced on shop fronts before it became the official logo. Comet were using their new logo on store signage back in 2000, but the old logo was still in use on things like adverts, posters, the website and carrier bags for years-I don't think it was until 2005 when the logo they'd been using on stores finally started appearing elsewhere.
DJDave

Yeah think the Carpet Right logo has been scrapped as our local one has moved over the road to a new unit and has the old logo outside.

Also on the same topic as B&M 99p Stores do the signs cheap too. One of our old stores was taken over by 99p and you can see the old black sign under it.
ph2o

FITNESS FIRST

Not sure if this has been posted - Fitness First rebrand looks super cool!

Philip

That second image reminds of what Abbey proposed for new look branches during the brief 2003 rebrand.
Critique

Greater Anglia, the primary rail provider for most of the East of England, has done a Rakuten-Play.com rebrand and now appears to be abellio Greater Anglia. I thought it was a more recent development, but it looks like they were using the new logo last November... In the process, their logo has gone all lowercase they've gained a new tagline, along the lines of 'more than just a to b'. It looks odd.

madmusician

Critique wrote:Greater Anglia, the primary rail provider for most of the East of England, has done a Rakuten-Play.com rebrand and now appears to be abellio Greater Anglia. I thought it was a more recent development, but it looks like they were using the new logo last November... In the process, their logo has gone all lowercase they've gained a new tagline, along the lines of 'more than just a to b'. It looks odd.

Good grief - that looks awful! How far has this spread? Is it in trains/signs/etc?
Critique

madmusician wrote:
Critique wrote:Greater Anglia, the primary rail provider for most of the East of England, has done a Rakuten-Play.com rebrand and now appears to be abellio Greater Anglia. I thought it was a more recent development, but it looks like they were using the new logo last November... In the process, their logo has gone all lowercase they've gained a new tagline, along the lines of 'more than just a to b'. It looks odd.

Good grief - that looks awful! How far has this spread? Is it in trains/signs/etc?
The TfL forum suggests that it's making appearances on trains:

However, I would think it'll be quite a slow changeover - new timetables will most probably already have the new logos on but other signage and the like that isn't changed often I would think that the switch won't be immediate.
JAS84

Especially considering that the old logo didn't even last two years. Abellio only took over from National Express in 2012.
WillPS

P&G have given Pampers a subtle logo tweak, following Huggies all but exiting most European markets last year.
JAS84 wrote:Especially considering that the old logo didn't even last two years. Abellio only took over from National Express in 2012.
Which itself had only existed as a brand since 2007, replacing 'one'. Abellio are gearing up to become a major player, the previous logo looked extremely temporary to me (even for a 'caretaker franchisee'). If the Northern "an Abellio and serco joint venture" vinyls are anything to go by, they'll be rolled out pretty quickly.