The TSB & Lloyds Bank relaunch news and information board

Whataday

WillPS wrote:
nodnirG kraM wrote:
wells wrote:I imagine they're not so bothered in really small towns and villages.
Aye. Henfield branch still had all its temporary hoarding up when I drove past this morning.
There are plenty of branches which still have the temporary signage up, it's a bit weird really - all the branches in Sheffield city centre had the temporary signs removed really quickly, but 2 miles out of the city, Manor Top still have them all in place. Same story in Nottingham/Hyson Green.

You'd have thought they'd have got the same bloke to do all of them in one area.

I wonder if they've only rebranded some Lloyds branches early where there is a TSB branch within a certain radius?
Critique

Whataday wrote:I wonder if they've only rebranded some Lloyds branches early where there is a TSB branch within a certain radius?
Unfortunately this doesn't make sense either, as there are two branches around the corner from the C&G/TSB and they have kept their temporary signage.
wells

Whataday wrote: I wonder if they've only rebranded some Lloyds branches early where there is a TSB branch within a certain radius?
There seems to be no logic to it, future Lloyds branches in Worcester and Stratford which are quite near to new TSB's (although they are quite hidden away) have remained Lloyds TSB. Whilst the change has occured in Redditch where this is also a new TSB.

Also in towns where there is no TSB, surely they haven't moved any of those customers over from Lloyds, so that theory wouldn't make sense.
AxG

We had no Lloyds TSB of C&G in my town, but we did have a Britannia that is now a TSB.
wells

How odd. Have the Co-Op sold that branch to Lloyds?
madmusician

The Oxford branch has gained temporary signage, with a wonderful addition of a bit of paper stuck on them saying "Temporary Signage".

Looks utterly dreadful!
Nick Harvey
God

The words "Temporary Sign" or "Temporary Signage" are to get round planning permission problems when they must have had permission for the original and have either applied for or got permission for the final version, but haven't got permission for the interim version. I think you can use that workaround for up to about six months.
Whataday

Here's the Cardiff business branch which appears to have completely new signage.

It seems strange they no longer clearly distinguish it as a business branch when it is only a 2 min walk from the normal branch.
WillPS

I noticed the former business branch in Sheffield (also less than 2 mins walk away from the city's main branch) has lost its branding - it was retained on the temporary signage.
james2001

Where I live, the former Lloyds and TSB branches (which weren't that far from each other) were open together for several years, I think it was only around 2007/2008 the former Lloyds branch closed. If they'd both still been open, it would have been interesting to see which stayed as Lloyds and which became TSB- as the former TSB branch was bigger, I can imagine that's the one they'd have hung onto, and the old Lloyds branch would have became a TSB, which would have been an interesting situation.
DVB Cornwall

Stock Exchange Announcement

CHANGE OF NAME - LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC TO LLOYDS BANK PLC

Lloyds Banking Group announces that the name of its principal subsidiary, "Lloyds TSB Bank plc", has changed to "Lloyds Bank plc" with effect from 23 September 2013, the date of this announcement. This follows the launch of TSB Bank (Project Verde) on 9 September 2013, ahead of its divestment as required by a ruling by the European Commission in 2009.