Another High Street Rebrand

JAS84

Blue eh? So that branch will be a TSB, I assume? A Lloyds would be green.
wells

JAS84 wrote:Blue eh? So that branch will be a TSB, I assume? A Lloyds would be green.
The Lloyds brand wont operate in Scotland, all Lloyds TSB Scotlands will become TSB. Lloyds will operate the Bank of Scotland brand, and more or less offer the same services.
SouthWester

cwathen wrote:
thegeek wrote:
Andrew wrote:Midsomer Place in Milton Keynes seems to have escaped the rebrand, from looking at the intu website.
Curiously, so has Bristol's The Mall - not to be confused with any of The Mall Company's's The Malls.
If we end up with 'Intu Bristol' that'll be an interesting situation indeed, as nobody ever calls it by it's current name, let alone a rebranded one; 'The Mall' in Bristol is universally referred to as 'Cribbs Causeway' with the general unwashed genuinely believing that's what it's called, when 'Cribbs Causeway' is actually a blanket brand for the entire area, of which 'The Mall' is only a small part. Even the official website has to refer to it as 'The Mall at Cribbs Causeway' for clarity and uses mallcribbs.com as a URL.
Hate to disagree but from a local persons perspective living on the outskirts of Bristol not far from "The Mall at Cribbs Causeway", ever since it opened in 1998 I have always referred to it as just "The Mall". Most people I know refer to it as that also.

If I am going to "The Retail Park" (Currys PC World, Argos etc), "The Venue" (Vue Cinema, Hollywood Bowl etc), or Asda, I say I'm going to "Cribbs Causeway".

"The Mall", "The Retail Park" and "The Venue" all share the same bird logo made up of the two C's from Cribbs Causeway, apart from "The Mall" having a blue background, "The Retail Park" having a green background and "The Venue" having a purple background.

I don't think "The Mall Cribbs Causeway" would ever be rebranded as "Intu Bristol" because Cribbs Causeway isn't actually in Bristol. It is in South Gloucestershire. I would imagine it would take on the name "Intu Cribbs Causeway".

"The Mall Galleries" and later "The Mall Bristol" were names given to the shopping centre in central Bristol, originally called "The Galleries", when it was bought by "The Mall Company" in the 00's. "The Mall Company" later sold the shopping centre in 2011 and the name "The Galleries" was restored.

As mentioned earlier "The Mall Cribbs Causeway" and "The Mall Company" which owned "The Galleries" for a while have no connection at all.

You can see why having shopping centres called "The Mall Bristol" and another called "The Mall Cribbs Causeway" both operating in the Greater Bristol area at the same time caused confusion.

"Cabot Circus" (originally to be called "Merchants Quarter", but changed before launch due to objections raised about it's links to the slave trade) is a separate shopping centre from "The Galleries" and "Broadmead' in the centre of Bristol.

Collectively "Cabot Circus", "The Galleries" and "Broadmead" now market themselves as the "Bristol Shopping Quarter" http://www.bristolshoppingquarter.co.uk
wells

New logo for Yahoo! They'd been running a different logo everyday for the last few weeks on their US site. Not massively keen on this new one.
wells

Old
New

Seems an odd change considering they've recently been pushing their new Bonus Club card with the old logo that wasn't that old.
Pete

I thought they were getting rid of brewers fayre and replacing it with table table?

I did notice Dunbarton had a Premier Inn, Brewers Fayre and Costa drive thru mega complex.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
JAS84

Pete wrote:I thought they were getting rid of brewers fayre and replacing it with table table?
No, they're not.
Wikipedia wrote:The conversion of Brewers Fayres to Table Table has now come to an end following a successful relaunch of the Brewers Fayre brand and both brands are now expanding in their own markets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_Table
Nick Harvey
God

Given that all the Lloyds Banking Group branches have closed this afternoon, to reopen on Monday in new livery, shouldn't we have a new thread ready to go on Monday morning, locked by the administrator, to open automatically at 9am Monday?

We need to keep up with the other place, you know!
Finn

wells wrote:Image
New logo for Yahoo! They'd been running a different logo everyday for the last few weeks on their US site. Not massively keen on this new one.
It is, at least, better than the old one.
Pete

Nick Harvey wrote:Given that all the Lloyds Banking Group branches have closed this afternoon, to reopen on Monday in new livery, shouldn't we have a new thread ready to go on Monday morning, locked by the administrator, to open automatically at 9am Monday?

We need to keep up with the other place, you know!
Good point

I got my Welcome to TSB letter the other day. Have Lloyds ones gone out too?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Critique

Nick Harvey wrote: open automatically at 9am Monday?
If we're keeping up with the other place the thread will need to opened manually at around half 10 as everyone has slept in by mistake, or a few minutes early with the site crashing just before 9am...