Another High Street Rebrand

barcode

WillPS wrote:Stead & Simpson was purchased out of administration in 2008. The same group purchased Shoefayre from The Co-operative Group the previous year.
I remember their rebranded it into a new green frontage a few years ago, but to just close it down and then move to a brand new shop seems strange.

Has all the old wikos disappeared yet?
WillPS

barcode wrote:
WillPS wrote:Stead & Simpson was purchased out of administration in 2008. The same group purchased Shoefayre from The Co-operative Group the previous year.
I remember their rebranded it into a new green frontage a few years ago, but to just close it down and then move to a brand new shop seems strange.

Newp - at both ends of the spectrum, what I believe was the last to receive the old fascia:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=wilkin ... 22,,0,3.33

and, what must be one of the oldest stores in the chain:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en_uk ... yNiXFchwCQ
DJDave

No My Wilko still has the 90s style logo, saying that they company I work for has loads of shops in the pre 2005 logo still.
WillPS

DJDave wrote:No My Wilko still has the 90s style logo, saying that they company I work for has loads of shops in the pre 2005 logo still.
Robert Dyas? The Entertainer? The Works?
Nick Harvey
God

Robert Dyas.

Anyone remember Ryan (Pointless) Pannell? That's where he worked.
DJDave

WillPS wrote:
DJDave wrote:No My Wilko still has the 90s style logo, saying that they company I work for has loads of shops in the pre 2005 logo still.
Robert Dyas? The Entertainer? The Works?
Peacocks :)
JAS84

barcode wrote:

The one within Hull's Prospect Shopping Centre still has the old logo.
WillPS

JAS84 wrote:
barcode wrote:

The one within Hull's Prospect Shopping Centre still has the old logo.
But, more importantly, do they stock Milk? If so, is said milk available at a price contrary to the Hull milk cartel's guidelines?
Finn

barcode wrote:Has all the old wikos disappeared yet?
The one in Stretford Mall (Manchester) hasn't been updated.

Although shenanigans involving an extension being built to the (far from full) centre and an Aldi moving into where Wilkinson's currently is means they've decided to close up rather than moving elsewhere in the mall, which is a nuisance (they're pretty handy).
DAS

Nick Harvey wrote:Robert Dyas.

Anyone remember Ryan (Pointless) Pannell? That's where he worked.
Memmmorieeess...
Nick Harvey
God

DAS wrote:Memmmorieeess...
Yay! First post since somewhen in 2010. Welcome back!