Google+

Pete

So is anyone still bothering with Google+ ?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Pete wrote:So is anyone still bothering with Google+ ?
I find it's quite an easy way to get a picture I've been sent via email to show online.

I've not written it off entirely as a web developer - Google have the power to turn it in to an indispensable aid to SEO. Whether they choose to do that or not remains to be seen.
Finn

I use it to back photos automatically from my phone.

There are also a couple of community pages which help me keep in touch with people playing Ingress.

I don't bother with it much else.
Jake

I use it for Google Hangouts, nothing else though.
Ebeneezer Scrooge

For me, it's found its place as more of a sharing medium rather than a social network. I've grown disinterested with facebook and for me, google+ gives me what I need for sharing with various people with better controls and much much less self centred status updates - where they do exist, they are easy to avoid.
Our family have also used hangouts a few times so they can see our little boy a bit more frequently.

I was hoping that Google would manage to pull it together as more of an online platform, pulling many of its services together to aid sharing, but that never seemed go much further than +1.
Snarky
dosxuk

I discovered that individual gates at Manchester Airport have their own Google+ profiles yesterday, and I'm now wondering if Google are including these in their "we've got billions of people signed up for Google+, and about 10 using it" releases.
bilky asko

dosxuk wrote:I discovered that individual gates at Manchester Airport have their own Google+ profiles yesterday, and I'm now wondering if Google are including these in their "we've got billions of people signed up for Google+, and about 10 using it" releases.
They'll be including every YouTube user who didn't know how to get out of converting their accounts to Google+ accounts.