TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Pete

Alexia wrote:They're cheap, on for 10 days or so, and no-one outside of us lot takes notice of them anyway. Get over it.
I've had two random non-pres friends comment on how "they've not exactly spent any money this year have they?" unprompted by myself.

The thing that's annoying me is the obsession of DanielK and chums that the move to Broadcasting House will bring with it overly grand camera shots around the newsroom when throwing to the weather.

Because it worked so well when Sky News did it back in 2005
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Critique

Pete wrote: The thing that's annoying me is the obsession of DanielK and chums that the move to Broadcasting House will bring with it overly grand camera shots around the newsroom when throwing to the weather.
Oh god, that irritated me, too. From what he was saying, he was suggesting the camera on the rail in the newsroom would be zoomed in on the Studio, zoom out to show the newsroom and then go the 'Weather centre'. I think he's taking the idea of 'Weather studios' too literally, and is taking it to be a nice, large space, with lots of uncalibrated BARCOs, when it is just a green screen.

In fact, whenever he talks about the move, he seems to come out with some tripe. I distinctly remember him asking if 'weather would take on the iPad' in their new studios, and if so, would there be a 'wall dock', because, for some bizarre reason, he thought it would be better to use an iPad to control the weather than stick to the clicker...
Beep

Anybody else notice previously banned user MrDomDomDomDomSomething2012 posting rubbish mocks over on TVF?
Sput

Hope others have appreciated that, given a hint about the new BBC News countdown, the forum has instead opted to talk about how helicopters are time-shared.

Or rotor rotas.

How apt.
Knight knight
Andrew

The rota thread is now debating whether the reason Sophie Raworth worked Saturday is because Kate Silverton's children may be ill or not.
Pete

stevek2 wrote:ok I'm wrong, teachers are fallible, although the majority would not admit to it

criticising teachers for making mistakes is like criticising mechanics for breaking down :roll:
god he's insufferable
"He has to be larger than bacon"
wells

It says something when DanielK is the least annoying poster in a thread.

http://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/bbc ... 80s-38849/
Jason

Is anyone else concerned about DanielK's massive obsession with breakfast telly?
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Col

Love how TT thinks talking about his channel codes will "derail the [ITV] thread."

Just above his signature with those exact ruddy codes.

btw, Are there any odds on Pad spontaneously combusting with excitement before they launch that new logo?
bilky asko

Why are people complaining in the BBC News: Presenters and Rotas thread about being reminded of the rules? If they can't stick to the rules, they should be excised from the forum and made to start their own. Tedious posts that follow the rules are fair enough, but posts that break the rules are very annoying.

It looks bad for the forum if a particularly creepy post is not responded to, as the moderation team can take hours, and sometimes days, to react. Either there needs to be more active moderation of those threads and the users within, or they should be removed.
Sput

Out the creepiness on Twitter. Might find wider disgust and force them to act more rapidly.
Knight knight