World Service pre-TOTH

The forum discussing radio
George Hill

The World Service had replaced their pre-pips 'This is the BBC in London, ..., ...' with a voiceover ending 'The World's radio sation' since about August. However this evening I heard the old slogan again, but with what sounded like an updated theme behind it. They can't have already dropped the changes. So I wondered if this was the news feed we were getting tonight (with the big breaking story altering the schedule) and if the news feed carried this all the time?
And, we're back to the 'new' normal TOTH at 22.59
Ste

Audio of it here - http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Ste/bbc.mp3

Back in the middle of November the BBC said to me in an email that Lillibullero would be returning soon so perhaps this is them testing something before going back to the old TOTH with Lillibullero every 4 hours.
Bvsh Hovse

George Hill wrote:The World Service had replaced their pre-pips 'This is the BBC in London, ..., ...' with a voiceover ending 'The World's radio sation' since about August. However this evening I heard the old slogan again, but with what sounded like an updated theme behind it. They can't have already dropped the changes. So I wondered if this was the news feed we were getting tonight (with the big breaking story altering the schedule) and if the news feed carried this all the time?
And, we're back to the 'new' normal TOTH at 22.59
I hadn't even noticed it had changed! When I used to be based in Bush you would hear the 59'00 Promo sequences on a regular basis as you were in the lifts travelling to and from meetings. Now all my listening is on-demand, which is captured without promos and billboards.

There is an internet feed of the News network EINWS here, but that may be slightly different to the ENNWS network that all outlets switch to. ENNWS is available in Hotbird at 13E on the 11727.00V transponder if you are keen on listening to the same version.

The promos being different isn't likely down to news network having different promo sequences as such, but may be down to various automated systems being suspended when all networks join news.