TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Alexia

Some cracking contributions over there today in the ITV1 thread:
amosc100 wrote:BBC Scotland logo lacks identity and so does BBC Northern Ireland.
Er, yes. That's 100% wrong. That's wronger than a wrong thing in Wrongington.

pad wrote:I am desperate to see the logos for ITV News, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CITV and ITV Sport.
Get a fucking life. Seriously.

Plus anything that MDTA says. And I use the word "says" quite wrongly.
WillPS

Alexia wrote:
pad wrote:I am desperate to see the logos for ITV News, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CITV and ITV Sport.
Fucking hell, calm down. It's a forum about TV presentation, people get excited about it, it happens.

You should try reading through some of the theme park forums I occasionally look through...
Beep

Alexia wrote:

Plus anything that MDTA says. And I use the word "says" quite wrongly.
I have to agree with Will here, it's TVForum, what do you expect?
Nick Harvey
God

WillPS wrote:You should try reading through some of the theme park forums I occasionally look through.
Populated by a load of Tumble Weeds, no doubt?
WillPS

Nick Harvey wrote:
WillPS wrote:You should try reading through some of the theme park forums I occasionally look through.
Populated by a load of Tumble Weeds, no doubt?
I don't look at the RCCGB's message board, but I have encountered them in person a few times and I can well believe he feels right at home.
Col

Has someone declared a war on sarcasm on TV Forum?

First, the ridiculous "Emoticongate" situation, and now people with backbone standing up to David.
rob

Is there a reason why every post of DanielK is a question?
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
WillPS

rob wrote:Is there a reason why every post of DanielK is a question?
Yes, a very obvious one, he is inquisitive as children often are.
dosxuk

Sorry to bring up the rota cretins again, but does ANYBODY really find this stuff interesting in the slightest?
Dan S wrote:This is unusual for a Sunday - Gavin Grey, who has been on the News Channel since 4pm to do the second half of what is usually Maxine's shift, is staying on to do the 7pm hour, when normally somebody else would take over until midnight.
Incidentally, getting the quote for that showed up another neon feature I've not seen before - when you write a new message in a rota topic, you get this helpful hint:
Posting in presenter/rota topics:
•Stick to the facts - focus on what is actually happening
•Positive and negative opinions should be constructive
•Posts should not be invasive of an individual's personal circumstances
•No fantasy rotas/schedules
Alexia

Getting tired of all the hand-wringing and bleeding hearts over the BBC1 Christmas Idents.

They're cheap, on for 10 days or so, and no-one outside of us lot takes notice of them anyway. Get over it.
dosxuk

Indeed.

It's almost as if they've forgotten that presentation is there to advertise and brand a channel, not give them warm fuzzy feelings about how nice the world is at Christmas.

And as for the 'NI can have more homely pres because it's aimed at a smaller audience' nonsense... Do they really think that a BBC One viewer in NI considers themselves part of a smaller group of viewers than a BBC One viewer in the Channel Islands? And do they really think that any* of the NI viewers will notice that they've got different idents to the rest of the UK and therefore think they're getting something better than those who are 'stuck' with the network idents?

* within statistical variances